1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

*Christian* Hard Rock Experiment

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Gina B, Dec 12, 2002.

1. Refreshed

Refreshed Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I apologize, all, especially Mike. I have been the only one censored here, and it was my fault Aaron had to post the above. [​IMG]

2. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Ransom, I was talking about POD. But if I wasn't my reply would have been "I don't want to and you can't make me!" :p
    Gina

3. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

No need to apologize. I'm still not sure what you did.

If it was calling me "Mikey", don't worry about it. I have friends who call me that all the time.

4. BrianT

BrianT New Member

The symbol is OBVIOUSLY an intertwining of the number 777:

[​IMG]

5. RaptureReady

RaptureReady New Member

The symbol is OBVIOUSLY an intertwining of the number 777:

[​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]O, now I see it :rolleyes:

6. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Gina said:

Ransom, I was talking about POD.

So how do you know the members of POD are "pseudo-Christians"?

7. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I am judging them by their words, appearance, associations, etc..
    Any questions? [​IMG]
    Gina

8. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I have an opinion. You are exactly right in your original post. [​IMG]

9. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Gina said:

Any questions? [​IMG]

Only this: how did your judgment result in a mistaken conclusion? [​IMG]

10. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I am not aware that it did. Prove me wrong. [​IMG]
    Gina

11. JonathanDT

JonathanDT New Member

:confused: Errrr. So your attacking your brothers in Christ and you don't really know specifically why? Since when were we supposed to judge our brothers and sisters in Christ on appearances? If your going to judge their words, then please post what words your judging them on, because I must have missed them. Have you ever heard any of their songs? Maybe something in them, please post which song. By association? Ok, this is the only possible case you could make. But then, we should also excommunicate any inner city street preacher, since they also are involved with sinners.

BTW, here are a couple links, interviews and such in case your interested in what POD actually says, try reading them with an open mind.
    Interview of Sonny
    SoulBlaze interview with Sonny
    Hard Rock Cafe interview with Marcos(the guitarist)
    Family Christian interview with Wuv(the drummer)
    Kinda funny how often the criticism they take from the Christian world comes up. Maybe it's time we started to love our brothers like the Word commands. [​IMG]

God bless,
    ~JD

12. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, Aaron censored some of my more forceful comments and replaced them with with things like "******".

When I saw the edits, I was concerned that others would interpret the missing words as obscenities, so I re-edited my words to explain myself in a slightly less forcefull manner.

Apparently this still didn't pass muster and Aaron re-edited my post in a way that avoided some of the stronger comments but got most of my point across.

13. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

What have they said that would lead you to believe that they are only "pseudo Christians"?

John 7:24, II Cor 10:7, I Sam 16:7

Mt 9:11, Mt 11:19, Mark 2:15-16, Luke 5:29-30, Luke 15:1-2

What kind of etcetera?

[ December 17, 2002, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: Mike McK ]

14. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Gina said:

I am not aware that it did. Prove me wrong.

The burden of proof is on the person making the accusation.

15. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Oh boo hoo Ransom. In other words, you can't!
    As for the rest who will cry out with the oh so predictable "Pharisee" accusation when I say how I came to my opinion about them, and quote scriptures that don't apply except in the context you want them to, think about this.
    Jesus didn't go hang out and share the stage with the prostitutes and tax collectors and unsaved, he went to PREACH to them and tell them the truth and have them repent of their ways. Their ways were evil. When people who are supposed Christians share the stage and profits with satanic, perverted groups like Korn there is no way on earth you can tell me they give a flying flip about pleasing the same God I serve. When their idea of a good song is if it makes you feel good, and apparently satanic music makes them feel good, do you really think what they put out is going to be Christian songs? They look like the world, they talk like the world, they act like the world, guess what? There's not much more evidence needed to prove they ARE. They can mouth the word Christian until they're blue in the face. I'm NOT God, I don't know their hearts, but guess what? God knows that and gave me a brain to look at all the other clues.
    So go ahead and defend garbage if you must, it's YOUR life, not mine, you get to answer for your choice, as I will mine.
    Gina

16. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh, Ransom, I think it was you who said Gina arrived at the wrong conclusion. You made the first accusation. Looks like the burden is on you.

17. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now, about judging by appearances:

Clothes are a means of communication as much, if not more than utilitarian. And when a person who has the means to choose his style of clothing, you can be sure he is communicating something.

So, a style of clothing is a valid criteria upon which to judge something.

18. Actually, I've found this thread to be quite sad. Typical Baptist fodder, I'm afraid.

I recommend Al Menconi Ministries for you skeptics of Christian rock (http://www.almenconi.com). What's even sadder is the fact that I know the members of Audio Adrenaline & have followed them since their inception. They are anything BUT carnal.

To pass judgement on this band's integrity is wrong.

I fully understand your taste in music style is not what mine is, but to take that taste one step further & to say this affects a person's spiritual intention is bigotry.

I have been in Christian music for over 15 years & while there is a fair share of wrongdoing (just as there is in the Southern Gospel music groups...go ahead -- look real close at some of them), there is also a lot that is being done in winning today's youth to Jesus Christ...speaking in their language.

While you're at Al Menconi's website, order his book, "Dear Mr. Gothard" and give it a good read...if you've got the stomach for it.

:( Phil Leslie :(

19. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Phil, I don't know who you're talking to, but I don't recall anybody questioning AA's integrity. Did I say that from what I hear I personally don't like it and think it's garbage? Yes. I intentionally made clear that a personal opinion.
    The group who's integrity I'm questioning is POD's.
    Gina

20. JonathanDT

JonathanDT New Member

Wow. So you just ignored everything we said, the interviews, you just ignored the Bible, your going to believe what you believe no matter what. Fine. It saddens me that a sister would have that type of attitude, but it's between you and God. I wish that you would post the words that you think are so terrible, and the actions that so obviously peg them as fake Christians, but since you won't(can't??), I really can't say anything else.
    P.S. Just out of curiosity, did you read any of the interviews?

Aaron, the clothes they wear are virtually the same style as I and my friends wear, as well as many teenagers today. Cargo pants/jeans and t-shirts. The only difference in our appearances are: the tatoos, the dreadlocks of Sonny, and their race. The tatoos make them look a little different from your usual Christian, but remember these guys didn't grow up in (and still aren't in) a Christian environment. I wonder how many of the tatoos were gotten before they were saved? The dreadlocks are simply a hair choice, no problem with that, I have a friend who's a very strong Christian and wants to get dreads. I really hate to think that Gina and others are actually judging the appearance of POD on their races, but I can't think of anything else. [​IMG]

God bless,
    ~JD