1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian Internet Filter

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by mnw, Jun 5, 2007.

1. mnw

mnw New Member

Any recommendations for a Christian Internet Filter?

We need one for a short term usage, but if it is practical (i.e. just blocks the bad stuff and not everything) we may keep it on.

2. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've seen ads for Christian-Net Protect but have no experience with it. It says they're offering a free trial?

3. mnw

mnw New Member

I read several reviews and Net Nanny seemed the best on offer. It has a 15 day free trial so I'll give that a go.

But I am open to trying other trials afterward in order to get the full spectrum of choices.

Thanks PJ.

4. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

I have been using Safe Eyes on 15 day trial - I like it and will probably subscribe. Not sure if its Christian, but it filters out any category you specify.

5. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I read that microsoft was coming out with software this year, haven't seen anything in a few months but you might search their site.

6. mnw

mnw New Member

Thanks Ulsterman. I will check out that program when my existing trial runs out. Net Nanny is very good, lots of category filters etc.

I did look at Microsoft but the only one I saw there seemed linked with a Windows Live account, but, as the software is for a computer that a friend is using right now I did not want my e-mail account linked to it. Thanks anyway

7. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I use Net Nanny and I love it! I don't have to worry about my grandson seeing anything he shouldn't while he is doing research for school projects.

It even blocked the BB because of the google ads! Of course, it allows me to add sites that are all right.

I feel perfectly safe with it installed and the price is right...