1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian Liberty Does not Mean No Holds Barred Living

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Palatka51, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Jeremiah 7:1-11
    1The word that came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying,
    2Stand in the gate of the LORD’S house, and proclaim there this word, and say, Hear the word of the LORD, all ye of Judah, that enter in at these gates to worship the LORD.
    3Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, Amend your ways and your doings, and I will cause you to dwell in this place.
    4Trust ye not in lying words, saying, The temple of the LORD, The temple of the LORD, The temple of the LORD, are these.
    5For if ye thoroughly amend your ways and your doings; if ye thoroughly execute judgment between a man and his neighbour;
    6If ye oppress not the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, and shed not innocent blood in this place, neither walk after other gods to your hurt:
    7Then will I cause you to dwell in this place, in the land that I gave to your fathers, for ever and ever.
    8Behold, ye trust in lying words, that cannot profit.
    9Will ye steal, murder, and commit adultery, and swear falsely, and burn incense unto Baal, and walk after other gods whom ye know not;
    10And come and stand before me in this house, which is called by my name, and say, We are delivered to do all these abominations?

11Is this house, which is called by my name, become a den of robbers in your eyes? Behold, even I have seen it, saith the LORD.

Galatians 5:13-26
    13For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
    14For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
    15But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
    16This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
    17For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
    18But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
    19Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
    20Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
    21Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
    22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
    23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
    24And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
    25If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
    26Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

#1 Palatka51, Apr 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2008
  2. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Isaiah 28:1-8
    1Woe to the crown of pride, to the drunkards of Ephraim, whose glorious beauty is a fading flower, which are on the head of the fat valleys of them that are overcome with wine!
    2Behold, the Lord hath a mighty and strong one, which as a tempest of hail and a destroying storm, as a flood of mighty waters overflowing, shall cast down to the earth with the hand.
    3The crown of pride, the drunkards of Ephraim, shall be trodden under feet:
    4And the glorious beauty, which is on the head of the fat valley, shall be a fading flower, and as the hasty fruit before the summer; which when he that looketh upon it seeth, while it is yet in his hand he eateth it up.
    5In that day shall the LORD of hosts be for a crown of glory, and for a diadem of beauty, unto the residue of his people,
    6And for a spirit of judgment to him that sitteth in judgment, and for strength to them that turn the battle to the gate.
    7But they also have erred through wine, and through strong drink are out of the way; the priest and the prophet have erred through strong drink, they are swallowed up of wine, they are out of the way through strong drink; they err in vision, they stumble in judgment.
    8For all tables are full of vomit and filthiness, so that there is no place clean.

3. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

No HOLES Barred??!? :laugh:

Uh....I think you meant HOLDS.

But even more importantly, what is your point? You list some verses, but no comment tying them to your topic. I'm trying to determine your point. Maybe it's just me, but can you elaborate, please?

4. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Title Change

Sorry folks,

I changed the title. It sounded wrong and was.

Mel

5. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Oh well, it is not allowing me to change it now. If the Moderators would step in and close it I'll start a new one later. For now I think I'll go get my first cup of coffee. :tonofbricks:

Jeremiah warns against thinking that just because they had the Temple in Judah that God does not see the wickedness of the people. In turn just because we have liberty think not that God has withheld His chastisement on disobedient children.

Now for that cup. :thumbs:

6. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Well Palatka51, I am known to be a little incoherent before my first cup too. So, I'll join you and go grab one myself!

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Of course liberty does not mean a license to sin. There is a key cerse you mentioned - don't use your liberty as a chance to your flesh.

Clear, simple, and to the point.

8. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Our liberty and freedom in Christ does not include the freedom to continue in sin. Besides, how can a truly born again person continue to live in sin and not feel convicted by the Holy Spirit? All I have to do is THINK about a sin, and He convicts me. If I ignore Him and sin anyway, then I feel terribly guilty until I confess that sin to Him. There is no way a Christian can continue in sin and feel good about him/herself? So, we do NOT have a "license to sin" as unbelievers say we do.