1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian Movies for my pre-teen. Anyone?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by emalkin, Oct 25, 2006.

1. emalkin

emalkin New Member

Well, no more cable in my household...

That leaves me with 1 Angel Wars video, 2 veggie tales videos, and braveheart.

of course, braveheart isnt exactly a good movie for that age... But how about Angel Wars DVD 2 & 3... anyone hear anything about those?

2. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Don't know anything about Angel Wars, but I do know that I survived my entire childhood with only 3 channels. How? Books. Take your child to the library!

If he/she just has to have something to watch, movies made from classic books are a good bet.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Did you choose to dump your cable because of programming or another reason? If it's the junk on TV, I would recommend getting SkyAngel satellite. It's around 15 - 20 bucks a month, and has children's channels.

4. Mary Diana Lynn Harper

TV

Well I have a room in my home where when my grandkids come over. they build things, funny looking, whatever their hearts desire. I have a box of screws, nails, pipes [pvc] that is, paper, wood, pencils, lids [junk] , plastic bottles of all kinds, coloring books, boxes of all shapes and sizes, you name it, it is in there. My children tell me I spoil my grandchildren, but they always want to come to grandma's, because there they can be a kid and do something, instead of just watching tv. I even have play machines in there. I once had a stationary bike, but they made to much noise with it. they also have those round oatmeal boxes where sometimes they make drums. they are allowed to play in the pots and pans if they so desire. Children want to play and they devolip their abilities by creating things. even the teens love it here. does that tell you anything. :smilewinkgrin: :love2:

5. Mary Diana Lynn Harper

PS

there is nothing in their that they can hurt themselves on and there are bibles and pictures of God [Jesus] playing soccer with the little children. They feel comforted because I play with them. that way I can watch them. Sounds stupid but it works with children when you care enough to join them in play as well as prayer.:godisgood: :jesus:

6. DodgeRamFanatic

DodgeRamFanatic New Member

Surprise, guys. I've survived my entire childhood without a TV, and I'm almost normal. :smilewinkgrin: Besides, unless it's a Western, watching TV is boring. There's way cooler things to do.
    DRF

7. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

My son, 10, LOVES Angel Wars. We are looking to get the other DVD's as soon as we can find them. He also has Bible Man, but he says it's kind of "campy and cheesy".:laugh: Besides that we have just about every kid movie known to man. The favorite this week is Garfield: a Tale of Two Kitties (my son), and Over the Hedge (my daughter 3).

8. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

No movies? Try Christian comic books instead!

9. MsGuidedAngel

MsGuidedAngel Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First of all warm Welcome :wavey: to the Baptist Board :wavey:

You can use Rabbit Ears to get Local TV, and news this way. I used Rabbit Ears for along time before I won my SSDI Claim.

Movies, Well, I don't go too the movies, I wait until they come out on DVD, this way I can view them inside my home and pause them at anytime!

God Bless hon, YSIC \o/

Kristi
    MsGuidedAngel

10. AresMan

AresMan Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would recommend movies from the Christiano Film Group. Their movies are quite conservative, yet entertaining, challenging, and faith-building.

11. Diggin in da Word

Diggin in da Word New Member

End of the Harvest - low budget, but a great movie
    Time Changers - Excellent!
    Thief in the Night series - Excellent!
    Six: The Mark Unleashed - Captivating
    Cross and the Switchblade - Oldie, but Goodie
    Apocalypse, Revelation, Tribulation - all great movies

12. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

First Knight
    Paulie
    The Secret of NIMH
    Cold Turkey
    The African Queen
    Swiss Family Robinson
    Treasure Island
    Ten Commandments
    The Robe

13. emalkin

emalkin New Member

Over the hedge is Great!!! I enjoy that just as much as my kids do.

So for AngelWars, the DVD's are sold here: http://buzzplant.com/angelwars/ecard1/

I just got the remaining 2 for christmas presents.

I'm pumped about some of the recommendations I've been seeing. Especially the Theif in the night series.

14. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    However will they live without watching "American Idol" or "Survivor" reruns???
    What kind of parent are you anyway??? :eek:

One of my favorite videos is "Second Hand Lion" (for teenagers or adult kids, like me).

Rob

15. North Carolina Tentmaker

Try feature films for families at

http://www.familytv.com/

We have a ton of their movies. Some are better than others but all are clean.

16. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Do they combine shipping if you order several at one time?

17. standingfirminChrist