1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian pole dancing--it is here!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by nodak, Mar 23, 2011.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

It is a person who is seductively clothed acting our seductively moves with a pole, something like a fire house pole that they slide down, to seduce another while acting out their sensual desires with the pole.

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

OP---------------please provide our lucky viewers to a link!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:saint::saint::saint:
    Blackbird

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

4. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Whoa! Out of line. Just because you don't agree with something doesn't mean you get to malign it...or compare it to pole dancing.

5. Gabriel Elijah

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Controversial—Yes! Possibly in poor taste---Yes! But after watching the news clip posted it seems the ladies are simply working out—which I don’t have a problem with. Although I’ll admit they probably should have just done it to secular music & left Jesus out of it---they are really doing nothing more than zumba (a cardio workout with many sexually explicit moves)—which many churches offer.. I personally think its just the stigma of the pole & the name of Jesus being involved that’s causing the uproar.

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Log rolling? Could be telephone pole dancing...

7. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Or happy eastern europeans? :laugh:

8. nodak

nodak Active Member
    Site Supporter

There are so very many ways of getting a good workout without sexually explicit moves.

I wouldn't remain part of any church not having the discernment to offer exercise without those moves.

Can't really blame the dance studio for offering this, but I do believe we can get our exercise, "connect with Jesus", and not imitate harlots.

9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I read the article and watch about 2 minutes of the video but honestly, I cannot watch more. It is sexual. Period. There are MANY ways to get exercise that do not have it's origins in something completely overtly sexual. I'm sorry - but I just cannot support it.

Additionally, I love how she says it is sacreligious to "judge" that this is wrong. Most likely she is not saved. Are we taking Christian living advice from a non-believer?

10. Gabriel Elijah

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lol—that’s exactly what my wife said! Except she added, “what’s next-- are they going to offer that flirty girl workout video & say hey-- were being sexually provocative for Jesus! Don't judge us!”