1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian president: I could vote for a gay

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Wesley Briggman, Feb 14, 2020.

1. JosephBKuzara

JosephBKuzara Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Again that passage does not speak against godly behavior but falsehoods who try to present themselves as godly for ill purposes.

Falsehoods will appear godly for there own selfish ends which is a false form.The passages you presented only speak of these such who pretend to be godly.

Godly behavior is not a negative action as these passages teach

1 Timothy 3:16
    Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory.

1 Timothy 4:7-8

2 Peter 3:11-12
    Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of people ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness,waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be set on fire and dissolved, and the heavenly bodies will melt as they burn!

2 tim 3:12
    Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted,

2 Peter 1:3-8
    His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him his own glory and excellence, 4 by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become and virtue are yours and are increasing, they keep you from being ineffective oror unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Tim 6:6
    Now there is great gain in godliness with contentment,

1 Tim 2:8-10
    8 I desire then that in every place the men should pray, lifting holy hands without anger or quarreling; 9 likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, 10 but with what is proper for women who profess godliness—with good works.

Yet you interpret the opposite? Based on two passages you are reading out of context, you present godliness as something evil yet Messiah Yeshua is the mystery of Godliness and we are to imitate Yeshua.

Stop trying to draw people away from Righteous living.

#81 JosephBKuzara, Feb 16, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  2. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Would you vote for what scripture says is an evil person? Specifically mentioned people who call themselves christians who are for one thing sexually immoral. Your vote of support promotes their lifestyle as ok and acceptable to God to the unbelieving world and other believers.

1 Corinthians 5:10-13 New King James Version (NKJV)
    10 Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world.

11 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person.

12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside?

13 But those who are outside God judges. Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person.”

3. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed, these passages do not speak against "godly behavior" but against
    un-Godly behavior.

Which verse/verses teach that Godly behavior is a negative action.

God forbid that I should try to draw people away from righteous living. If I am guilty as charged, may the Holy Spirit convict me and bring me to repentance.

Without a doubt, I have unwittingly given you the incorrect purpose of my posts.

Then again, the problem might by your's, not mine.

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I AGREE. It seems that the BB/F has some wishy washy Christians. There should be no way in hellthat a trus Child of God would for a gay "anything?!"

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No way in what?

6. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Funny how you get up in arms over someone being gay, but having an adulterer in the white house? Perfectly fine

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using Tapatalk

7. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is he adultering while in the White House? Plenty before him have, most of them probably democrats, heh.

8. Humpty Dumpty

Humpty Dumpty Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The thing is he’s not standing up there preaching and pushing adultery on us like the some militant homosexual leftist would be

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. evenifigoalone

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would you react the same if he had a past of sleeping with gay men, but isn't currently doing it? Or would your standards suddenly raise upon that knowledge? According to the Bible, all sexual immorality is very serious, and those who practice it, any of it, will not see the kingdom of heaven

10. JosephBKuzara

JosephBKuzara Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

11. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Everyone has sins that would disqualify them from heaven, none, not one will see heaven without Grace. What matters is how we accept that we have done, acknowledge what we have done & how we repent & ask for forgiveness, then go & sin no more. If we plan to repeat that sin? Now you have a problem. We don’t know if others have been forgiven, but we do know how they are presenting themselves day by day. What do they defend? What do they stand for? What do they fight for? Would it please God? Every day I fall short, but every day I thank Him for still having blessed me that day despite my failures. I am weak, but He is strong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. MartyF

MartyF Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    When did Trump say, "I am Christian." ?

When did Trump say, "Jesus is Lord of my life." ?

When did Trump say, "I believe that Jesus died on the Cross and rose again." ?

Why does anyone think Trump is Christian?

13. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the Rose Garden on national tv on two occasions and every year at the Christmas tree lighting ceremony are just two examples.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    After a presidential debate he said the IRS is auditing him because he is "such a strong Christian."

He has said he is a strong Christian many times.

Because he says he is. Because he said his favorite book of the Bible is Two Corinthians.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. evenifigoalone

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm just saying, I guarantee that at least half of evangelicals, maybe not you specifically, would require that Trump publicity denounce his past, if it were a past of actively practicing homosexuality, before they would accept him. At the very least. Something they are not doing now with his past of adultery, that he has, to my knowledge, never said anything equivalent to "that was wrong of me". We tend to waive away straight lust as if it's no big deal, but make it gay? Then we have a big to do about it

16. evenifigoalone

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump gets to be a Christian because he says so, but I don't?

17. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know whether Trump is a Christian or not. The question was: "Why does anyone think Trump is a Christian?" The answer was: "Because he says he is."

If you say you are a Christian I'm going to believe it, unless something really damaging about your testimony comes out to cast doubt on your statement.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. MartyF

MartyF Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I missed this. Thanks. I really didn't think he said that.

Thank you for sharing the video.

19. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I remember watching that live and I almost fell out of my chair. It's not something you forget.

• Like Like x 1
  20. evenifigoalone

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fair