1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian Radio and Psychobabble

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Martin, Jun 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

This is causing a lot of problems. Like the Charismatic movement is doing to Classic Pentecostals, PDC is tearing the Baptist and other churches apart. The PDC format is compatible with any brand of religion and they accept them all with open arms. Warren is destroying a lot of churches for the sake of bringing more people in, not saving souls. He is more interested in attendance than soul winning.

I list to SWRC - Dr. Noah Hutchings, Dr. Spargimino
    I also read a lot of their publications, newsletters, and books. www.swrc.com

I also like listening to Joseph Chambers, he is from one of the Carolinas.

I enjoy straight forward, tell it like it is, gospel, the way it was intended.

2. TBLADY

TBLADY New Member

And you are walking in the spirit? LOL

Just goes to show how much you know about women and abortion. I know personally the pressures that are put on women in this position. They are usually FORCED emotionally by their boyfriends, parents, doctors and circumstances. Most women deep down WANT the baby and KNOW it is wrong to abort it.

Nice try, but not a very good example :laugh:

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Are you describing parthenogenesis?

What percentage of those women were raped against their will?

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You know. You know quite a bit. You have time to interview 4,000 people each day, every day. Travel a lot do you? Have you reached the status of omnipresence yet? Or are you going to refer me to one of your professional statistical studies. Personal opinion stands for nothing.
    The fact is that if a person aborts her child because of "her emotions" as you say, then it is murder and it is wrong. In fact, if she murders for any reason it is wrong. In spite of advice given by peers or anyone else murder is murder and it is wrong. If one doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to stand up for their faith and declare that they are going to do right no matter what, I feel sorry for them. But so many are a big ball of emotions and want to keep their "figure" rather than their baby. Sad!

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

You never did answer DHK's question, "Who's more compassionate? If you use those statistics it seems like the average American woman who kills an average of four thousand babies a day is less compassionate than your average terrorist.
    Again this only emphasizes the fact that true compassion comes from the fruit of the Spirit, which is related to how closely one walks with God."

6. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

I highly suggest that anyone involved discussing the abortion issue and/or who may have to provide counseling to a woman who has been raped read the book Atonement Child by Francine Rivers.

7. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

The have to have followers to have a movement.

If something were that easily destroyed they did not listen to Warren. He purposely tells people that nothing of what he advocates may work in their church.

8. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

It seems to me that if a woman can murder her own child, she has no emotions OR compassion.

When a woman was raped in the Bible - who got punished? NOT the baby...

9. TBLADY

TBLADY New Member

Well compassionate, empathetic DHK LOL

I happen to work for a Christian Abortion Crisis Center. I know my facts thank you.
    Your writing and attitude alone takes my side.

Those who abort is only 1% of those who were raped. Pick a better senerio

By the way my kids are grown and my husband retired...before you say i contradicated myself on the staying at home thread LOL

#69 TBLADY, Jun 4, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2007
  10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Your facts are skewed. They are biased toward what the world says against what the Bible says. It seems that you neglect what the Bible says, and put secular studies above that of the Bible. Is that any better than a Catholic who puts Oral Tradition above the Bible, or a humanist who puts his Manifesto as more important than the Bible. Has the Bible become of so little value in your life? Has human life become no value any longer? Let's take an example from the Bible and apply it today's socieity and appy it to today's standard.

Judges 11:2 And Gilead's wife bare him sons; and his wife's sons grew up, and they thrust out Jephthah, and said unto him, Thou shalt not inherit in our father's house; for thou art the son of a strange woman.

Jephthah lived a tough life. He was cast out of his own family, for he was a child born out of wedlock. In our society he would have simply been aborted, to avoid the shame of having an affair with another man--to hide the sin of adultery. But in this case they were more merciful. They just cast him out of the family. They told him that there would be no inheritance; nothing. Was it his fault? No, he had nothing to do with his parent's sin. But he paid the penalty. She may have been raped. We don't know how this child came into being. Whatever the case it was a result of sin. We know that much. It was a child born out of wedlock and that is the result of sin.
    What else do we know about Jephthah?

Judges 11:1 Now Jephthah the Gileadite was a mighty man of valour, and he was the son of an harlot: and Gilead begat Jephthah.
    --This is God's assessment of Jephthah. He was a mighty man of valour, a very courageous man and brave man. His birth was the result of an immoral mother who could have easiily aborted her, but she didn't. God credits him with being a mighty man of valor.

Judges 11:3 Then Jephthah fled from his brethren, and dwelt in the land of Tob: and there were gathered vain men to Jephthah, and went out with him.
    --Because of the stigma attached to him, he went elsewhere and gathered unsaved men to follow him. He formed his own army. He proved himself as a mighty courageous man, and a leader at that.

Judges 11:5-6 And it was so, that when the children of Ammon made war against Israel, the elders of Gilead went to fetch Jephthah out of the land of Tob: And they said unto Jephthah, Come, and be our captain, that we may fight with the children of Ammon.
    --No the children of Israel hear of the reputation of Jephthah, a man of valor, a man with great leadership, and suddenly forget that he was born out of wedlock, from an immoral woman. Now, they want him to be their leader, to lead the nation of Israel against the nation of the Ammonites, and then to rule over them as their Judge. What a turn about. Aren't they happy now that his real mother never aborted him out of convenience as she would have in today's society.

Jephthah did go to battle. The Ammonites were defeated. He did become a Judge and did rule over Israel. In our society he would have been aborted!!

11. jshurley04

jshurley04 New Member

Christian Radio?

Frankly, I don't have a high opinion of radio or TV preaching. Given a choice, I would not listen to it. Most of it is bad interpretataion or bad application or supporting a false assumption. Give me good, uplifting music over preaching, I'll take preaching on Sunday's or fellowship meetings, but not on the radio. Too much of radio and tv is bad stuff.

12. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

But there is still some good stuff on radio.
    That's where I listen to Adrian Rogers......

13. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

Exactly how much do you know about the PDC Movement, this movement has its followers, its promoters, and creators. Rick Warren developed a new format for destroying your church, modifying your service, and removing the fundmentalists from the congregation. He opposes the doctrine, openly admitting that we don't need doctrine to bring people to the church.

Rick Warren started the movement and the ignorant pastors around the world bought in to it.

14. MNJacob

MNJacob Member

I know that the "poping" was Fruedian. But I guess that if I say that it's Fruedian, that's psychobabble too.

15. TBLADY

TBLADY New Member

DHK yeah your last post to me alot of sense NOT!

What is your problem with common sense stats on any given subject?

Statistics are statstics, that the bible has NOTHING to do with. Now you are going to say that according to the bible most Americainas are in support of Bush and the war, cause the bible says so...Bush is a Christian so it doesn't matter what the MAJORITY say.

Give me a break your post made NO sense at all.

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Study it out. Perhaps the reason that the Bible makes no sense to you is because you have forsaken Bible truth in favor of secular studies (psychotherapy and psychobabble).

17. TBLADY

TBLADY New Member

No DHK I am smart enough to use both when needed.

Go to my Grey area thread and answer my last post. It is only narrow minded people who want to live in a bubble and are of no effect for the kingdom of God, who twist the bible to fit any agenda they so promote.

Some people are so heavenly minded they are of no earthy good.

every hear that one.

18. donnA

donnA Active Member

I agree with Sue's post, in the bible when a woman was raped the baby was not punished.

19. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I know a man who manages a radio station and visits each person who they lead to Christ and tries to make sure the person goes to a good church.

I know that most are hungry TV preachers wanting to fil their houses with gold. Just take a look at where their headquarters are.

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Why are you so afraid to go to the Bible, study the Bible, discuss and debate the Bible (this is a debate forum), and would rather stick to secular statistics as having more importance than the Bible?? Is there something wrong here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.