1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian Singer to sing at Dallas Homosexual Church

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Flippo, Jul 23, 2003.

1. AdoptedDaughter

AdoptedDaughter New Member

That's fine and all, but should we really be judging without knowing the entire situation? It's one thing to judge while knowing the whole situation, but it's another to hear one line about someone doing something, and judging based on that one line?

2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I doubt you or Pastor Larry know her heart or intentions. :rolleyes:

Furthermore, we can share the good news of Christ with all sorts of people without necessarily confronting all of their sins each time we meet with them.

I see that no one opposed to Clawson has touched the issue of whether or not Jesus would go visit with that congregation. I’m guessing that most of you suspect that He would, but may not want to think about it.

If you think Jesus would go, then why do you condemn Clawson for going?

If you think He would not go, what is your scriptural justification/example from the gospels for saying that He wouldn’t?

That’s a completely different situation. The predominantly gay church offered the invitation to her. If “Marilyn Manson” (the singer or the band) asked me to come speak to them (or their audience) about Christ, I’d drop everything and go.

For that matter, I’d go talk to just about anyone about Jesus if they asked – even Osama bin Laden or Saddam Hussein. :D

3. Ruth

Ruth Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I read about this last week - and here is an article in Baptist Press with her statement: Cynthia Clawson article

Even this conservative publication does not see fit to criticize her action. As for me personally, I say more power to her. She is living her faith and using her talent to spread the Good News to those who really need to hear it. How many of us can say we are doing the same?

Ruth

4. AdoptedDaughter

AdoptedDaughter New Member

Ruth,

Thank you for providing that link!

5. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

Is she going to go there as Paul went to Mars' hill? I don't know. Every Christian should speak the truth whereever they can. If she is there as Paul was at Mars' hill then, by all means she should go.

Is she going to go there and bid them God speed? I don't know. Is she there to help them in there work? If she is there promote their work then, no she should NOT go.

II John 11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What part of NO DISCUSSION of any sexual (including homosexual) nature except in the private forums. We have children and teens here.

Am closing this thread NOW.