1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian working in hospital where abortions are performed!

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by bruren777, Dec 18, 2005.

1. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

I noticed the thread re. working for Budweiser. Let me preface this by saying, I not being facetious in re. to the aforementioned.

I used to work at a hospital where abortions where performed. My postion at the hospital did not require me to be involved in that aspect.

I did not approve of abortions, yet I was employed by a hospital where this was a medical proceedure.

I would like some opinions please!

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I could not work there. Nor would I deal with a doctor (personally) who performs such.

We have the luxury of living in Wyoming where many hospitals will not allow abortion. Planned Parenthood is always complaining . . .

3. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

I couldn't have said it better! AMEN Dr. Bob!

4. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

I live in a town that has a bar with a lot of assault. I work in a place that has a couple of alcoholics. I have to deal with people from an Assembly of God church regularly in the business I own (not to mention all sorts of pagans, cultists, etc.).

I think much of it is subjective, based upon circumstances that we cannot know without experiencing them.

For example, Budweiser exists to do one thing: Produce beer.

However, public hospitals in some areas have no control over whether or not abortions are performed; that is requlated (or even required) by the government. Don't others at that hospital need good, Christian care? (That's not to say that it would ever be OK to work for a doctor who performs abortions.)

What are the circumstances, etc? That should be the deciding factor.

5. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

There are other Christians as well as non Christians employed there. I had been working there for several years before they started performing abortions.
    Leaving there would mean I would have to start at the bottom of the ladder at another place and being married and having children was a deciding factor.

I worked in engineering so as I mentioned I was not involved in that area. I performed a lot of work throught other areas in the hospital. Some of which was in labor and delivery, and post partum.

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I guess it depends on whether the OP is referring to elective abortions or nonelective abortions.

Either way, I'd probably let each person be convinced according to his own mind, and not judge the person because of it.

7. Watchman

Watchman New Member

Before I went to work at a Medical Center, I did a lot of research as to whether they perform abortions. There is no indication of that in my research. Otherwise, I agree, I would not work here.

8. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Some hospitals do perform abortions and the doctors and nurses have the choice to participate or not. My mother in law was working at the only hospital where she lived log before abortions were legal. When they started doing abortions she refused to assist any doctors with abortions.

9. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm waiting for the next thread in this series called,

PASTORS WORKING IN A CHURCH WITH SINNERS

Rob

10. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

Hang on Deacon, it just may come.
    [​IMG]