1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christians, ACLU join forces in favor of 'Bong Hits 4 Jesus'

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by gb93433, Mar 27, 2007.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

a good post.

proclamation of righteousness <----our job
    living it out <-----our job
    enforcement of the same <------not our job

2. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Too general a statement for me. Why then by enforcement of the law which we will stand behind and fight for do we for instance not allow the Mormons to have several wives? Drawing a line and standing up for those values is where IMO Christians are over-bending or as one might say “laying down like a whipped puppy” and refusing to be biased toward proclaiming righteousness by use of the law to enforce it. Accountabilty?

3. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    See that’s what gets me, people (Christians) will resort to the same type of tactics that the ACLU uses to defend their agendas and support the wrong things. Christians will take a paper sign of a juvenile delinquent and turn it into a private property/free speech issue with a bias, it makes me ponder just whose side are these people on? I see nobody answered my question at the bottom of post #82.

4. JerryL

JerryL New Member

But what you are condoning is breaking the law to get our agenda across. We are supposed to do these things in a lawful way. Being a Christian doesn't give us the right to break the law to try to impose Christianity on people that aren't.

5. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The topic: Christians join forces with ACLU:

God's instructions:
    (Eph 5:11)
    And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

6. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As for this accusation of me condoning breaking the law, I have answered this more than once, go back and read the tread.

7. JerryL

JerryL New Member

I did. Your very words show you were condoning breaking the law in your story about if it was you doing the tearing up. Even beating them up if they tried to stop you.

8. rbell

rbell Active Member

First century Christians did not have the power of legisltation behind them, yet God brought untold numbers to Him even though the laws, if anything, were set up to hurt followers of Christ.

I'm not advocating doing away with laws that promote morality...I'm just pointing out that God can use us in spite of a culture that rejects Him.

#108 rbell, Apr 14, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2007
  9. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Give me a break! Since when is it illegal to protect yourself…and since when is it legal to attack someone with intent to do physical harm for tearing up a piece of paper? Not to disregard this “story” was given in jest as a response to a fictional headline. Will you resort to anything to support your agenda? :BangHead:

No Bro, I was talking about my answers to your accusation of me condoning breaking the law which like all my other responses to you you dodged, including my responses to your scriptural support.

Try where I said how I’d really handle it in post #74. How about where I directly addressed the legal issues in post #48 ??? Here ya go:

10. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I certainly agree God can use us despite a culture that regects Him. My point would be that the Apostles of that time were put to death for going against the established government.

11. JerryL

JerryL New Member

I'm sorry, I must have misread your post I quoted from. I took it as "If I were the principle and sign tearer." My bad. I have no agenda, I was simply stating that we ,as Christians, can sometimes do more to harm Christianity by our actions than help it. I think this principle did just that. I have stated, I think the boy was wrong according to God. I just think there was a better way to handle the situation than the principle did.

#111 JerryL, Apr 15, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2007
  12. JerryL

JerryL New Member

What about the next principle that comes after this one and tears down the sign of the kid that says "Stop killing babies, Stop abortion." That's the whole idea of the ACLJ for getting involved, to keep the school from having so much control over a students free speech. Don't think it might not happen either, it very well probably will. Most everybody is being close minded here and not seeing the big picture.

"School districts must not be entrusted with the authority to arbitrarily determine what student speech is offensive and off limits. In the future, that could put all student speech at risk – including speech that advocates Christian beliefs on any issue – including abortion or marriage."

13. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Benjamin must be a tough guy. He better stay in Arizona and stay out of Texas. We know how to deal with people like him! :laugh:

14. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, I know how tough ya are from your first cowardly and immature PM. Now the second PM expressing your manhood and invite :rolleyes: . Does your mother know you act like this? :laugh: Get over it MR. Herrington, I'm not going to respond to that type nonsense.

Anyway, this subject reconfirms why I stay out of the politics forum.

15. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

You are the one who stated that you would destroy an such sign and express so much bravado, so don't act so sanctimonious now!