1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christians and Stress

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by AF Guy N Paradise, Dec 31, 2003.

1. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have 4 classes left before receiving my Master's degree in HRM. The class I am taking now is Stress Mgmt and my paper I have to do is how us Christians handle stress. I also have to present this paper in front of the class orally so I need not to be preaching at their throats. I need to prove in the paper and the speech and show how my walk with God decreases my stress level. Thanks to Jesus, I should be able to show them how I cope with stress better than the average Joe. Any advice or good links? Mahalo!

2. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

Keeping a sense of humor is probably the best stress reducer and who has a better reason to keep a merry heart than a Christian.

Prov 17:22 A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

Prov 15:13, 15 A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken. ...15 All the days of the afflicted are evil: but he that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast.

3. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

myth busters dot com.
    just kidding.
    it is possible that being a Christian is actually more stress. the Lord gives grace, so your premise might be flawed.

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Peter 5:7 is good on paper for Christians - cast your cares on Him.

Reality is, of course, subjective for each individual.

5. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

Stress, meaning pressure to perform, is actually a good thing, in and of itself. If it were not for stress we would not produce any kind of work. No stress = no productivity. Mild stress = mild productivity. Moderate stress = moderate productivity. However, Heavy stress = a reduction in productivity. How you view this pressure to perform has a great deal to do with whether you think of it as unpleasant "stress" or merely motivation.