1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christians and the beach

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by gerald285, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. npetreley

npetreley New Member

I didn't really read the OP until now (I only skim OPs that are so long). Having read it now, I would suggest that the author has missed his/her calling. He/she should submit his/her work to a publishing company that produces trashy romance novels.

2. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, maybe I misunderstood. I was refering to your answer to Annsni in a previous post on this thread where she agreed that we were to follow (be taught by)our own husbands.

Oh by the way, your bike shorts don't offend me.:thumbs:I like you, too.

3. TC2

TC2 Member

Why is it not okay for women to say, wear pants, as they accentuate the bottom, but it is okay for men? Men have bottoms too, last I checked (and occasionally I do, Lord forgive me). If women are called to cover up the curves and shape of their bodies, so are men.
    Maybe we should all go back to the robes of Christ's time. Neck to toe, there you go! No curves, no evil skin, heck, cover the head too, then there won't be any problem with our 'eyes'.
    But if there is, then 'If thy right hand offendith thee....."
    Should take care of the problem, and puts the responsibility on the one watching.

4. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    How would you know what was in a romance novel?:laugh:

I will say this for Gerald, what he posted was verbatum from a webpage that very well could have been written by/for women. I found it by clicking on the link to his homepage on one of his posts.

5. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

They like to justify their sins.

The topic is fine and people in church need to hear it.

6. Joe

Joe New Member

Yes, I considered it. That is why I just Pm'd you a pic of me with my shirt off :D :laugh:

7. Alex Quackenbush

Alex Quackenbush New Member

:laugh: too funny.

8. Joe

Joe New Member

Thank you :)
    Her husband is the Pastor, so considering the words of her post, only one opinion would be biblically valid in her mind.
    Deacons in our church have taught on the topic of modesty. Obviously, they don't get graphic like the opening post such as talk as if their body parts are not attached to the women's brains. Scarlett is right on.

No one complained that I am aware of.

I asked a church lady if she would do the men a favor and not wear a certain top which seemed to send everyone into oblivion. She is a sweetheart, and graciously complied without hesitation. She is also a friend of ours.

#128 Joe, Nov 25, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2007
  9. standingfirminChrist

If one does not want a weed to grow, one kills the root. What causes the lust? The heart is deceitful above all others and desparately wicked. Blame can be on the man when we look at that verse and others such as, 'Neither give place to the devil'.

But the woman is also just s much to blame when she wears things that inflame the lust.

Likewise, men should dress in such a manner that the women should not lust after them.

Lay the axe to the root.

10. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Meh. Some of us are just lucky, I guess, if you call it that. I could walk around naked and not inflame anyone's lust. Inflame their heartburn, maybe. Lust, no.

11. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We all uphold modesty. The op simply gives one person's view on how THEY see what is/is not modest. We all have opinions.

To say YOUR opinion is "better" or "higher" or such is ludicrous. It is all man-made standards (the Bible standard is still simply "modesty") and it will differ among people.

It is NOT "legalism" unless one states HIS preference/standard MUST be followed or one is not spiritual or right with God.

That said, our usual 10-page limit is long passed. Let's move on and quit staring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.