1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christians and

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by bruren777, Jun 2, 2005.

1. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

Our treasures are stored up in heaven. Matthew 6:20-21 say's "But store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven, where moth or rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal". 21 For where your tresure is your heart will be also".

I know Christians whom lie, cheat and steal, I know this because some are relatives and others are friends whom I've had dealings with them.

The aforementioned always seem to have things coming to them. My wife and I make by with our income, but things come up unexpectedly, we have to shuffle things around to meet the new expense. Perhaps the Good Lord is keeping us dependent on Him.

I have faith in God, but can't understand how some Christians are anything but honest and have no problems with finances and can afford to take nice trips and vacations.

We do love the Lord and desire to serve Him. [​IMG]

2. Jason Garrett

Jason Garrett New Member

Doesn't the Word say God gives based on what one can handle? For instance, God won't give a $100,000 per year salary to someone He knows will abuse it. That might be why He is slowly bringing you two along financial. He might have some lesson to teach you.

3. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

Gen 18:25 ...Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?

Relax, do you really want to be rewarded in the manner of sinners? I am quite content to let God reward, or not reward me, as He sees fit and WHEN he sees fit.

4. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Bruren777, perhaps that's the only treasure they will have, what they have here on earth?

I know what you're saying, I see it too.

5. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Read Matthew 6:3,5, 16

Some get their reward here.(hypocrites)
    The righteous get their reward hereafter. :D

In HIS service;
    Jim

6. Jeffrey H

Jeffrey H New Member

Bruen777,

The grass is not greener on the other side. Some folks give off the appearance of "wealth" yet they are highly leveraged in debt with little or no savings. In reality, they are just getting by to make ends meet. They have no discipline with their money and living within a budget is a foreign concept to them. I serve as a deacon and I have spoken with families in our church that fit the above description.

I've come to the conclusion that it's not our income that gives us financial freedom; It's the way we choose to spend it.

--Jeff

7. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But for few and rare exceptions, you're exactly right. Well spoken, Jeff ...

PJ

8. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

9. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

Thank you Jason, you are right. However my wife and I are prudent with spending, we rarely go out for entertainment. We do tithe regularly, we are humble re. our giving.
    As you say-He may be teaching us a lesson. I have asked Him help me to be a better Christian, it's possible that God is doing just that. I need to be reminded by brothers and sisters in Jesus such as yourself. Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow. weary, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. I need to apply Scripture to my life in all things, lest I get caught up in worldly things.

Jason, our son lives in Colorado Springs with his wife and family. We were there in may to visit them.

Thank you for your words of wisdom.
    In Him,
    Bruce

10. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Bruren, sounds like Job's friends want to share their thoughts here. 'Teaching you a lesson' sounds like 'what did you do to deserve this'.

Matt. 5:45b
    ... for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

Sometimes there's no earthly explanation. God is God and can do whatever He wants.

11. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

Amen, Thank you.
    Despite my age being on the high end of the 50s, I'm a slow learner. God in His wisdom and patience
    gently corrects this child of his.
    In Him,
    Bruce [​IMG]

12. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen, Thank you.
    Despite my age being on the high end of the 50s, I'm a slow learner. God in His wisdom and patience
    gently corrects this child of his.
    In Him,
    Bruce [​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]I see no lesson in it, dear bruren. As long as we manage well the resources He has blessed us with, we are being faithful to Him. And when we are faithful to the Lord, he's even more faithful to us!

PJ [​IMG]

13. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You aren't the first to observe :) Ps. 73.12 Behold, these [are] the ungodly , who prosper in the world; they increase [in] riches."

Spoke with a missionary and his wife years ago, that had taken Greyhound (summer bus passes to save money) across the country to visit supporters. He told of the great "wealth" of many of his supporters.

He told of televisons in every room before it was the norm, of stereos in every room large homes, garages full of cars and some in the drive. Well the point is made.

God "might" be teaching you some lesson, all you have to do is ask, He won't keep it a secret from you, but don't loose sleep over it as I've observed MANY godly people living on little that had nothing to learn, only a faith to trust a SOVERIEGN God and His will for them.

If you want to feel better about your situation consider the believers in Sudan that have been run out of their homes and are living in refugee camps - God loves them just as much as you. Or the many Christians over the world that are under great persecution right now.

Situation does not reveal spiritual life condition.

14. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

He does all the time with non-believers and selfish Christians. It rains on the righteous and unrighteous.

15. rivers1222

rivers1222 Member

bruren777,
    I to have witnessed this many times while going through financial (and emotional) difficulties. I somehow am always led back to a scripture authored by Paul, who also worked for a living and had a couple of struggles himself.

Philippians chapter 4
    12I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need.

13I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.