1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christians arrested at Muslim festival in Michigan.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Dale-c, Jun 19, 2010.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The Muslim religion is frightening. Truly frightening. It is sad that so many don't see that. These people need to know Christ and God bless those who give their all to witness to them.

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're welcome.

If Americans don't wake up, it's going to get far worse as Muslims flood into America and other countries. Recently we witnessed to a Muslim Pakistani for the first time in our city in Japan. They're spreading around the world nowadays.

I was asked year before last to lecture on Islam at our pastors' fellowship by Japanese pastors. I knew somewhat about Islam before that, but my research really opened up my eyes. Islam is not a "peaceful" religion, but violence against any who do not convert to Islam is a routine part of their beliefs. Even a cursory study of the history of Islam reveals that in the early years it was spread by war into all of N. Africa, countries which until then were Christian. The Christians of those countries were either killed or forcibly converted.

At the end of my second lecture I said, "But God loves the Muslims. If you ever have the opportunity to witness to Muslims, don't hesitate," little knowing that I myself would be invited to a Muslim country. We can and should seek to reach them for Christ, but in the process we must be ready to be met with violence, as the Christians on the YouTube video were.

3. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

We are so used to the separation of church and state here that we don't understand the political nature of islam. From what I hear, it is as much of a political ideology as it is a religion.

4. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Koran teaches that everyone in the world must become Muslim and every country Islam. That is a political statement. If a Muslim truly believes the Koran they will strive to make the world Muslim. Americans who don't believe this have not read the Koran.

5. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here's what the Koran says:

"So fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief [non-Muslims]) and all submit to the religion of Allah alone (in the whole world)." Ishaq:324 "He said, 'Fight them so that there is no more rebellion, and religion, all of it, is for Allah only. Allah must have no rivals.'" (8:39)

6. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The previous link to a YouTube video where the missionaries were assaulted by security was at last year's festival. This year, the missionaries were even more low key. They passed out no leaflets and approached no Muslims, but simply stood there and waited for Muslims to approach them. When this happened, they did their best to hold civil conversations with the Muslims.

What happened then is shocking. They were arrested and put in jail overnight! For what charge? The only charge possible is that they broke Islamic Sharia law by talking about Christ to Muslims--who actually approached them first! But the Dearborn Police Dept. isn't talking. The young lady was also arrested many feet away from the action--simply because she had a camera! The famed Thomas More Law Center is taking up the case. Check it out: http://www.thomasmore.org/default-sb_thomasmore.html?809429947

You who were impugning the motives of these believers who love Muslims for Christ's sake, where are you? Please answer. Were the Dearborn Police right to arrest these believers? If so, what will the charge be? Come on, don't slink away from this thread, but stand up for what you believe in...or at least stand up for your accusations of wrong motives attributed to the missionaries. Or perhaps you should admit you were wrong and withdraw the accusations. We're waiting.

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

John - Thank you for that quote. I actually put it in my Facebook status and commented on it. "fight them"?? Christianity says to preach. No where in the Bible does it say to kill, fight or force anyone to be saved. That is so sad that so many are blinded to what Islam is truly about.

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

9. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Thank you for your words in this John and your boldness. Keep it up brother. Many American brethren are quite uninformed and asleep on these matters.

10. Pastor Ezequiel Davis

Any efforts of True Christian to bring his Holy Word to those lost in the evil and deceptions of Islam should be commended not vilified.

11. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're welcome. If we can wake up just a few people on the BB here, maybe it will spread. Otherwise, I fully believe America is headed for France's current situation, with Muslims rioting in the streets.

12. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We need not fear Muslims, but we do need to confront them for Christ's sake and America's sake.

13. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm currently reading Too Hard for God? by C. R. Marsh, the autobiography of a missionary to the Algerians many years ago. He tells of finally seeing a small assembly of four believers in one village, saved out of Islam. Muslims can be won to Christ. However, of those four, two were poisoned and killed by Muslims, one other died, and another fell by the wayside.

How do you reach Muslims for Christ? By standing up to them and showing them the power of the Holy Spirit in your life, and your love for Christ no matter what, just like the missionaries in Dearborn Heights. Marsh faced violence over and over, but earned the right to preach Christ to the Kabyle villages of Algeria. He tells of going to one village, only to have a Muslim stick a knife in his back and say, "If you preach Christ here I will kill you." Marsh replied that it didn't matter, God had sent him and he had to preach Christ. The Muslim said, "Well all right then. I've tested you and you pass. Come tell us about Jesus!"

14. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you serious? Since when is asking a Muslim if they want a Gospel of John and them handing them one disorderly conduct? When did we forfeit our freedom of speech and freedom of religion in America on a public street?

15. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Yes, I am serious. But please read what I actually said, because what you apparently think I am serious about is something I never said.

I did not say that "asking a Muslim if they want a Gospel of John and them handing them one" is "disorderly conduct."

I said there are laws about the situation, and apparently (please notice that word) these people were outside the law. I don't know. (Please note that.) That's why I said "apparently." I know this has been an issue in past festivals. I am not defending the police, or attacking or impugning the people who were arrested. I don't know what happened.

I simply linked to a story and pointed out that the given charge was disorderly conduct.

16. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Could you show me where the law in Deerborne is that a person cannot be on a public area and talk about the Gospel? In the video they were giving out Gospels of John but that was last year. This year they were just present and answered questions when approached. How is that breaking ANY law - and if there is a law that was broken, it is clearly in violation of the Constitution.

17. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

No, because as I said, I don't know. Again, while this is only about 10-15 minutes from here, all I know is the news reports from both last year and this year.

So I am not defending the police or impugning the evangelists. I was simply linking to an article about it which reports that the arrest was for disorderly conduct. I haven't even seen the videos, so I am making no comment about any of that.

It may be, but that is something that must be handled in the courts. And it may or may not be unconstitutional. Limits on certain things have been established by the courts. Since I don't know the law, and am not a legal expert, I have no idea what the situation is.

So please don't misread what I am saying here.

And FYI, it's "Dearborn" not "Deerborne" :)

18. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

What I am surprised at is the appeal first to the law of the land.

What if it was against both law and constitution to preach the Gospel anywhere but in a church? Or what if, as some would have it, there were anti-conversion laws in America?

What then?

19. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let This Incident Serve NOTICE on ALL Believers, of What is Yet to Come...

... this is not a fluke. Our brothers and sisters in Europe and Canada already know about the division and possible legal problems that can take place between Muslims and Christians who try to witness to them. :tear:

This is truly going to be happening in more cities throughout these here United States of America.
    The times are a changing, and we best get ready for those changes, or, you could end up behind bars too!!! :flower::tear:

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

20. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

I didn't appeal first to the law of the land. In fact, I have made no appeal at all.

But to the point, we are told to obey the law, unless it requires us to disobey God. So, even if there was a law in Dearborn that prevented evangelism at this festival, we should obey it because we are not commanded to evangelize at a festival. We can do it (and should do it) elsewhere in the Muslim community. If the law forbade any kind of evangelism, then we must disobey it.

Then disobey it. But that is clearly not the case here.

Again, I am not defendign anything that happened. I don't know enough to do that. But on the face of the matter, a law against evangelizing in a certain place is not a law against evangelizing. We can obey God even while respecting that law in many cases.

So let's deal with facts and not emotion.