1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Christian's Don't Sin" part 2

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

How can you say that God does not see sin? We are told that all of our deeds will be shown to us (and I'm sure God will see it too - He's the One keeping the record).

Sin has definite consequences. What has been taken away for the believer is the consequence of death. However, if I were to lie, I still will have the consequences of that - and God will allow a bad consequence to happen. If I were to commit adultery, you better believe there will be STRONG consequences to my marriage, my family and my own life. I do not believe that we can sin to lose our salvation but when we DO sin willingly, then our hearts are hardened to the Lord and we need to come to Him in repentance to heal that.

Let's put it this way, and of course all analogies are not perfect: My daughter is my daughter. I love her tremendously and nothing she does will ever stop her from being my daughter. However let's say that she lies to me and I know she did. She will have lost my trust, she will have guilt (hopefully) and it will take time to heal what damage has been done. Is she less my daughter? No. But there is a strain on our relationship and she can't say that she's close to her mom and has a good, growing relationship unless she's worked to heal that rift caused by the lying. In the same way, what we do damages our relationship to the Lord and it damages our own hearts and mind, but it will in no way make us unsaved. Nothing can ever separate us from the love of God. Our name is graven on His hand and that can never be undone - it's permanent. But we can certainly break God's heart and no true believer EVER wants to do that. They may still do it because of their sinfulness but they will never be comfortable with it because of the Holy Spirit convicting us of that sin. Make sense?

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

As usual, you have to turn tail and take a different route.
    Do you know what "manifest" is at all? Have you read how they took Jesus up on the mountain and hang Him between the heavens and the earth. Have you read "for this cause, came I into the world"? What about "forthwith came blood and water?
    What about what Amy G: posted? All this stuff does not add up and make sense!!
    You can not have it both ways. You need to tell one story or the other. You can say that Noah had "holiness", then turn right around and say man can't have "holiness" without the blood of Christ. Jeepers.

(Which is it, does He see you sin or does He not, Does He only see the righteousness of Christ when He sees you, or does He actually see you sinning and is going to have to punish you for it??)
    I can’t but you and DHK can apparently say it. You double amend DHK for saying it.

First God can't see you when you sin, He only sees the righteousness of Christ. Then that righteousness begins to get thinner and thinner, to where God begins to see you after all. I mean, this is one for the books. What a doozy.
    You get so caught up in your own net, that all you can do is call me a "liar", as usual, another name.

BBob,

#62 Brother Bob, Aug 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2008
  3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Not one for the books, Bob. God can see our sin - God sees everything we've ever done. However, when it comes to belonging to Him or not, He doesn't look at our sin but our covering of the blood. When Passover occurred, the Angel of Death did not look inside the home to see if they were Israelites in there. When it came time for the last plague to come, all it looked for was the blood. That's what mattered at that time. The blood saved them.

I'm sorry you don't understand what we're saying. It's obvious you don't because of your comments above.

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I know its not Scripture Bob, but in the 19th century Elisha A. Hoffman composed this hymn which puts across the truths that we are trying to explain to you. Perhaps you even sing it occasionally sing it in your church:

Christ our Redeemer died on the cross,
    Died for the sinner, paid all his due.
    All who receive Him need never fear,
    Yes, He will pass, will pass over you.

Refrain

When I see the blood, when I see the blood,
    When I see the blood, I will pass, I will pass over you.

Chiefest of sinners, Jesus will save;
    As He has promised, so He will do;
    Oh, sinner, hear Him, trust in His Word,
    Then He will pass, will pass over you.

Refrain

Judgment is coming, all will be there.
    Who have rejected, who have refused?
    Oh, sinner, hasten, let Jesus in,
    Oh, He will pass, will pass over you.

Refrain

O great compassion! O boundless love!
    Jesus hath power, Jesus is true;
    All who believe are safe from the storm,
    Oh, He will pass, will pass over you.

Refrain

http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/w/h/e/whenisee.htm

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You are talking about the OT Israelites who God let wander in the wilderness, until they all died, except two.

The blood did not save them, following the command of God saved them. It was the blood of an animal. Animal's blood don't save no one.

So, you do believe that God does not see the sin, if He does not look at it. That is terrible doctrine, do you think He chatises because of the blood of Christ. You need to think about what you are really saying.

No wonder the churches are filled with adulterers and pedophilers. It is being encouraged. If one is guilty of such, you all "work" with him and get him back on the right road, when you should do as Paul said, cast such a person from among you.
    Clean up your house, set it in order, for you will give an account how you have kept the "house of the Lord".
    You don't seem to realize but by telling someone they just "slipped" a little, you are doing that person a wrong. If he were told the truth, he might set his house in order and really get right with the Lord. If he continues on the way he is and settles down on the advice of you all, he will never get right and die and go to a devil's hell. You are not doing such a person a favor, or doing him right. He has to get right and believe from the heart, if he really wants the blood of Christ. He will never get it being a hypocrite.

1Cr 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

1Cr 6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

BBob,

#65 Brother Bob, Aug 29, 2008
  6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Abosolutely nothing about covering your "future and contining sin". It is only saying that Jesus will save you, if you will believe. It is not saying He will give you a "get out of Jail free ticket, for sin". God's children are not adulterers, killers, pedophilers, rapists, theives etc. God's children are people you can trust to leave your children with, not a bunch of people who might molest them. Must be some congregation and meeting when you believe those next to you could be pedophilers?

"Go and sin no more", Go and sin no more. :BangHead:

BBob,

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Bob - I'm getting tired of you accusing me of saying something that I'm not. I'm not following anyone who spewing anything - no less heretic doctrine.

God does not look on our sin as to whether or not we can be saved. He looks at the righteousness of his Son. NO man is sinless except Christ and it is only through Him that we can be saved. We ALL have sin - whether someone says they don't or if they say they do. The Bible says in 1 John 1: 8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. God DOES see sin. See what I said, GOD DOES SEE SIN but it is not counted to us for death. Instead, our debt has been paid IN FULL. It is paid in full for now and forevermore.

Yes, we will be chastised because of our sin - and we will reap the natural consequences - but what we do as believers will not send us to hell. If there was anything that we could do to send us to hell, then we were not saved in the first place. Our righteousness is not of our doing because on our own, we deserve nothing less than eternal torment. But Christ covers us with His blood for our salvation.

As for the blood, I guess you don't fully understand the symbolism of the blood of the lamb that is a foreshadowing of the Blood of the Lamb.

I will say it one more time - God does see our sins daily. He watches us, knows us intimately and knows even the inside sins that no one else sees. But when it comes time for us to face Him at the throne of judgment, He will not be looking at those sins to decide our righteousness. He will be looking for the blood. The blood of the Lamb.

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Jesus says that He will be looking at what you have done here on earth. I will take His word, of anyone else's.

1Cr 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which [temple] ye are.

Jhn 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

Jhn 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

My point is, if you commit grevious sins, you do not have the Holy Ghost or Jesus Christ within you.

Quit posting it both ways, if you do not want me to repeat it.

Where do you all get the doctrine that God "sees" your sin, but not in accordance with salvation!! If you sin, it is against you, regardless.

You can say you did not say it if you like, but you double amend it, and here it is.

BBob,

#68 Brother Bob, Aug 29, 2008
  9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

And can you show me where someone indwelt with the Holy Spirit will go to hell?

10. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

No, I do not believe they will.
    The point was if they are a pedophiler, they are not indwelt with the Holy Ghost, for the Holy Ghost would have to go with them to commit the act.

BTW; the blood offerings was a shadow of things to come, but not the real thing and neither was the blood of animals.

BBob,

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Genesis 3:21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

Are you saying that God offered a useless animal sacrifice?
    God sacrificed an animal that would do no good? He was ignorant of the fact that it could not take away sin, or restore them to fellowship? Why then did God Himself make a blood sacrifice, kill an animal on behalf of Adam and Eve, if the sacrifice of animals was not important?

12. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

It is not what I say, nor what you say, but whatsoever sayeth the scripture.
    It is what it is:

Hebrew 9:
    8: The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:
    9: Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;
    10: Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.
    11: But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
    12: Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
    13: For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
    14: How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
    15: And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
    16: For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
    17: For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.
    18: Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.
    19: For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people,
    20: Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you.
    21: Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry.
    22: And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
    23: It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.
    24: For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:
    25: Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;
    26: For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
    27: And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
    28: So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

(It served its purpose, but was not the real thing. ) Only you would say that it was.

BBob,

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It is easy to quote Scripture isn't it?
    You quote it without explanation, and at the same time avoiding people's questions. It also makes you like you accuse God of doing and commanding people to do things for no purpose at all. Was God just being foolish in the OT, or did he have a purpose? I ask you again:
    Is it too much to expect a "real" answer this time?

14. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You mean you don't want a scripture answer??

Hebrew 9:
    8: The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:
    9: Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;
    10: Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.
    11: But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
    12: Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
    13: For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
    14: How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
    15: And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
    16: For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
    17: For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.
    18: Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.
    19: For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people,
    20: Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you.
    21: Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry.
    22: And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
    23: It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.
    24: For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:
    25: Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;
    26: For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
    27: And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
    28: So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

(It served its purpose, but was not the real thing. ) Only you would say that it was.

No, salvation from the animal blood sacrifice, in some cases just staying their sin from year to year. I said it served its purpose, that God had for it. There is no more to say.

May be too deep for you though?

BBob,

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Bob, if I wanted Scripture I can look at e-sword for free, and a number of other sites. Do you want the URL's you can look at them too. I could post the whole Bible here, but it would be a waste of bandwith. Posting Scripture without purpose does no good.
    Are you unable to answer the questions I give you, and thus resort to posting a chapter of Scripture? We had an SDA that resorted to such tactics. Maybe you have joined up with them, I don't know. But you are evading questions.

God sacrificed an animal on behalf of the disobedience of Adam and Eve (Gen.3:21). According to you God Himself was being foolish and vain, because His sacrifice was all for nought. Why not explain the purpose of God's sacrifice in Genesis 3:21, the very first sacrifice in the Bible.

Let' see if you can stick to the topic here.
    This is the third time that I am asking you to answer one simple question.

16. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

How many lies you feel necessary to tell at one time.
    I gave a full and complete answer for the animal sacrifices. If you can not understand scripture, you might want to tell someone. Or have you went back to the Catholics, if so, ask the Pope.

You been blew out of the water and are grasping for straws as you slowly sink in the mire.

This is a debate forum of scripture and you as moderator do not want a scriptural answer, that speaks volumes, now doesn't it?

You are just blowing smoke now, and I am not interested.

BBob,

#76 Brother Bob, Aug 29, 2008
  17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Let's make it simple Bob.
    If I ask for your full name and address, will you quote me a Scripture?
    I am not asking for a Scripture.
    You are right, this is a debate forum where you are the one with a one-handed clap every time you post a verse. But that is not debate.
    I have asked you now four times (with this post) to answer one question. You fail to do so. Why? Are you a Scripture copy and paste machine only??
    I have a four year old grand-son that can do that. Wow! He is as intelligent as you, if that is your form of debate. As you say: "He can blow you out of the water because he knows how to copy, paste and post Scripture, and he is only four! Shall I match his skill to yours?

So what has happened to debate Bob?
    I have asked you a simple question concerning Genesis 3:21. You refuse to answer it. Any reason why? Why not try again this time.

18. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Do you and your grandson go to kindergarten together??

BBob,

#78 Brother Bob, Aug 29, 2008
  19. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Nice - Sounds like you're right in there too.

20. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    For someone who claims they NEVER transgress God's law you sure do alot of it.

Luk 10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

:praying:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.