1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Christian's Don't Sin" part 2

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I wonder why you chose to say something about my responding to a statement such as this?? There must be a valid reason, surely you would not favor someone over the other, or habor some hidden feeling against me? Why would you completely disregard one member calling another one, equal to a 4 year old, and when the other one responds to such a statement, you join in and call this member the same names. . You are the one being decietful, not me. If you are right, that God sees your sin, He just saw yours. What you just did, is not a Christian act.

BBob, :tear:

#81 Brother Bob, Aug 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2008
  2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You too, must be in a follow the man mode: It is so obvious that you and Ann are blind to anything DHK says about me, calling me a liar, among many other names and in the following comparing me to a 4 year old, but according to both of your responses, nothing wrong with DHK disrespecting me, but when I respond, boy! something wrong with Ole Bob. Hogwash, quit showing respect of persons. Quit loving one brother and hating the other. Be fair, or be quiet, might be a good motto for you two.
    If what you and Ann did with your responses to me, is a Christian act, it sure beats me.

Sounds like the blind leading the blind.

BBob,

#82 Brother Bob, Aug 30, 2008
  3. trustitl

trustitl New Member

" And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ." "For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?"

"if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another."

"Now the works of the flesh are obvious: rivalry, jealously, outbursts of anger, quarrels, conflicts, factions"

"If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another."

"Brethren, even if anyone is caught in any trespass, you who are spiritual, restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness; each one looking to yourself, so that you too will not be tempted."

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Rom 12:19Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but [rather] give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance [is] mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

BBob,

#84 Brother Bob, Aug 30, 2008
  5. trustitl

trustitl New Member

It takes two hands to clap.

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Trust me - I am not being deceitful. If I was, I'd not have said anything. DKH did not say that you were equal to a 4 year old but that his 4 year old grandson can also copy and paste.

My response to you was my honest feelings - your attack on DHK was uncalled for and completely un-Christlike. Would you have said that to him standing before the throne of God? I think not. What I actually typed and then changed was that I have honestly lost respect for you through this thread. I've seen you have good discussions in the past but this thread has resulted in you making some pretty low attacks and comments about your brothers and sisters. Regardless of what they've done to you, "a gentle answer turns away wrath". I have not seen gentle answers in your posts.

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You do not see your role in this? Only DHK is wrong? Your answers have been Godly answers? I think not. What I have seen is that DHK did not feel that you gave him an answer, and you have responded with the EXACT same answer you already gave. Do you not have children? Do they not always understand what you're saying and you need to rephrase it? Heck, I need to do that with my own husband sometimes! Not all of our communication is going to get through and if someone doesn't get it, basically degrading them is not the answer. How about rephrasing it so they understand? I've done that numerous times and even in this thread. I've seen you answer and when someone asks for YOUR thoughts, you post another Scripture verse with no commentary. When they ask for YOUR opinion again, you just post the same thing again. They then say that a 4-year old can do that - basically saying that they expect MORE from a grown man who is educated. They then ask again for an answer that they can understand from you. You then ask if that person is in kindergarten too. THAT'S what I saw.

8. Jesus Freak

Jesus Freak New Member

John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life: and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
    29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

9. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I see you have your hands in............:)

BBob,

10. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You don't seem to be too gentle or honest either. You know that DHK; first posted negative comments about me. The 4 year old intelligence would not of been on this thread, except for DHK;, yet you say, it is I. I think you have your blinders on and are only trying to get back at me, for comments I made concerning your doctrine of God not seeing you sin, but only saw the righteous of Christ. Of which you denied, but I posted where you amend DHK twice, which makes you as guilty as he is.

I am only responding to your false comments here also. I am sure if we both were standing before God, He would ask you why you commented on my remark, but completely looked over DHK's remark, of his 4 year old was as intelligent as me. You even deny that DHK said that when it is in black and white.
    This is your response, then you say you have lost respect for me. It is you giving untruthful responses.
    At least be honest and Christlike. I know you can read. Your respect for me means nothing, when you are putting forth false accusations and can not see who made the first negative comment about my intelligence. You just made a "false" statement.
    This also is without meaning, after the posts you just made to me. Practice what you preach. I do not see a "gentle answer" or remarks from you towards me. Maybe you could point out a few?

BBob,

#90 Brother Bob, Aug 30, 2008
  11. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You blew it when you joined in with DHK saying that God does not see our sin, but only sees the righteous of Christ. Why not say the truth, that you should not of amend the comment of DHK? You came back later and said that God did see your sin and punished you accordingly.

I spoke real nice to you all along, until you sided with DHK, when he is in the wrong and accused me of having the intelligence of his 4 year. Then you say, he did not say that. Go read the post, but I think you already know what it says.

1Cr 15:58Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

I stood up to your false doctrine and you are angry. If not you would be giving me gentle answers, if you think I have wrath, according to your recent post. That is what the Pharasees did, "do as I say, not as I do".

I did make some "gentle" posts to you though:
    BBob,

#91 Brother Bob, Aug 30, 2008
  12. trustitl

trustitl New Member

It was either that or an admonition to all involved to be "Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love". I see how you took it. I hope the others see beyond that.

Originally Posted by trustitl
    " And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ." "For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?"

"if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another."

"Now the works of the flesh are obvious: rivalry, jealously, outbursts of anger, quarrels, conflicts, factions"

"If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another."

"Brethren, even if anyone is caught in any trespass, you who are spiritual, restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness; each one looking to yourself, so that you too will not be tempted."

13. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

If Sir, you were not involved and had clean hands yourself, you would have a right to post that scripture. But you do not have clean hands, you have been in this discussion from the beginning, with not such a mild and meek manner. So, why don't we let someone who is not bias, give us that scripture.

Shows you already have a dog in the fight. That seems to be a little Pharasee itself. Do you call a brother a "heretic" and not be a little nasty?

BBob,

#93 Brother Bob, Aug 30, 2008
  14. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

A GOOD AMEN Goes here... AMEN. :godisgood: :jesus:

15. trustitl

trustitl New Member

I assume this means that you think the scripture was appropriate. If you look closely you will see that what I posted was to all of us. I include myself in this.
    I didn't call you a heretic, but rather that your teaching is a heresy (false teaching). You need to admit that you think the same of mine, which I am willing to accept without assuming that you consider me a heretic. I think both of us desire to be found as "workmen approved". Feel free to look back at my posts and help me see if I am being "nasty" for that is something I desire to be free from. I am no doubt willing to stand up for what I believe, but I desire to learn more and more to "speak the truth in love".

16. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I agree with you, the debates get way to heated, but in these debates, the only way you stay in, is provide scripture against what the other side that you don't agree with have.

I am not in this to make no enemies, but I debate hard. Seems when some are losing they begin with the name calling, I respond and get jumped by others, who were not in the debate between me and an individual.

If someone wants to jump in, its ok with me, but don't think that they will not be responded to. It is the nature of debating. Everytime someone says I am being unChristian, they are guilty also by making the statements, if hard debating is unchristian.

I will debate anyone, if you want to take it personal, I can't help that, but this is not a one-way street. Look how many are on one side against me. I take the heat and expect the other side to do the same.

When I am called a name, liar, murder, unchristian, unrespectable. I will respond, it is my nature to do so, but I usually do it with scripture to which I get condemned for doing that.

BTW; how do you call someone's doctrine heresy, and not be calling him a heretic?? Some things you all say, is just completely beyond my understanding.

heretic:
    one who dissents from an accepted belief or doctrine : nonconformist

BBob,

#96 Brother Bob, Aug 30, 2008
  17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Perhaps the term "false doctrine" would be better. It is false because it cannot be proven, through Scripture to be true. That has been aptly proven through the last four pages where you have failed to address Genesis 3:21 even though you have been asked to at least five times. Simply posting Scripture does not answer a question.
    If you want to prove your doctrine to be true, then please do so. But in order to do so you cannot go on avoiding people's questions. That only shows that you're doctrine cannot be defended and is indeed false.

18. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I have answered you over and over with scripture. It is either above your head, or you refuse to accept the scriptural answer.
    I told you that what God did served the purpose God did it for. It certainly was not done for "salvation", if that is what you are inferring. You just throw a scripture out there without any explanation of what you think it means. That makes it hard to give you an answer, for I know not what you are looking for.

When God slew the animals for Adam and Eve, it was to clothe them. It did not pay the price of their sin.

The term "false doctrine" is much better, but for you to call my answer "false doctrine" is without merit.

BBob,

19. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Then tell us Ann how God sees that which He ‘PROMISED’ to not only forget, never to be remembered of us again, but to cast them as far from us as the East is from the West?? Tell us how God can chastise or in any way punish us for sins that He promised in His Word never to be remembered again? Is God reneging on His Word? In DHK’s so often used vernacular, are you calling God a liar?

20. trustitl

trustitl New Member

I recant calling Bob a heretic and say he holds to a false doctrine. For the record I would probably have to include everybody on the BB on this list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.