1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christians enabling abortion agenda

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by BobRyan, Nov 7, 2004.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Although I and many of my non-RC brethren are sometimes known to post a note or two in opposition of some RC practice, I thought I would take this opportunity to recognize them for doing something good.

In this last election we saw a rare example of find a slim RC majority voting against pro-abortion candidates. Given that the great majority normally endorse pro-abortion candidates - this is a huge step in the right direction among American Catholics and I think they deserve some credit for this recent change.

I know there are a great many ways to rationalize and wiggle around the thorny question of abortion - and compromises are often made among some Christians such that pro-abortion policies are allowed as long as some favorite butter/jobs/environment agenda is met.

But this is one case where they did not do this in the majority and I for one am glad to see it.

In Christ,

Bob

2. trying2understand

trying2understand New Member

Thanks for the kind words, Bob, although sadly the SDA makes exceptions for abortion and makes it a matter of personal conscience. Perhaps you could work within your church to change it's official stance on abortion.