1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CHRISTIANS WHO HATE TRUMP

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Protecting the Right to Life
    • President Trump has given states the option to deny Planned Parenthood access to Medicaid and other federal grant money because Planned Parenthood uses this money to facilitate its conducting of more than 328,000 abortions per year at Planned Parenthood’s abortion mills.
    • President Trump has ordered a halt to all U.S. taxpayer money going to international organizations that fund or perform abortions.

President Donald J. Trump's Remarkable Record of Achievement - Faith and Freedom Coalition

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree those are good things that I did not know well. My aside on abortion was ill-informed. I get the point, president Trump is at least as antiabortion as George W. Bush. I can respect that, even though I think Bush and by extension Trump needed to really use the bully pulpit and convince Americans of the truth. That killing unborn babies is murder. I guess my worry with abortion is that we face national "referendums" to make abortion legal again, like in Ireland, once we ban it through the supreme court. We need a strategy to win, not just make forward momentum.

Although, I did mention a lot of things beyond this. I mentioned the abortion and LGBTQ stuff as an aside. I shouldn't have though. The main point I had was,

3. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

4. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow the MSM was afraid to even cover him. I never saw this on the news. Thank you I had no idea. I guess if the MSM refuses to cover it, then its of course not his fault. At least he stands against abortion vocally.

Although, I still have qualms about his personal as opposed to public sense of Christian morality.

5. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not trying to convince you of anything I just thought you would want to know. I did not vote for him but will likely the second time around. I have watched him on two occasions speak about Jesus and His resurrection from the Rose Garden. He is a fighter and while I do not always like his specific words I like very much that he fights back.

6. MartyF

MartyF Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is why I trust him to try his best to make the country better - because it is in his interest. I have no doubt that he looks after himself. His interests and my interests happen to coincide.

Right now, the Democrats really want the country to fail. That is why it is not in my interest to support them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is probably the KING of under-statements!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. McCree79

McCree79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have more trust in him than I do, but he is certainly better than any option the opposition has and can produce.

I like his policies much more than his personality.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He's a fighter which is better than the previous repubs who just sat back and kept silent

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was one of the most disgusting aspects of Sessions as AG. He recused himself, thus allowing those who should have recused themselves first full rein. He should have recused himself from ever becoming AG.

11. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, and said four years ago, but still the point was not that he never does anything wrong, rather that he prefers to do what is right so that there is nothing to apologize for. Do you go around apologizing for the right things you do?

Most people do not want to focus on their mistakes, especially on national TV, though you do see a few on talk shows. Usually everyone wants to focus on the mistakes of others, for example, Anderson Cooper and other media personalities, though they will happily whitewash the sins of their political "saints."

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow! Basically a perfect example of how Christians who should know better attempt to make excuses, which they would never make for a Democrat or non-Trump Republican, for this vulgar man in the White House who uses the Lord's name in vain in public, as well as cussing routinely in public.

14. just-want-peace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All this condemnation of Trump for using vulgar language, but not one snippet of contempt for all the dems who use probably 30-50% of these terms in virtually every conversation.
    Just a bit hypocritical, wouldn’t you say?:eek:
    Can this be due to an acute case of TDS?:Devilish
    Only reason I can surmise for the double standard!:Rolleyes

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am opposed to ANYONE using the Lord’s name in vain. I don’t care who they are. As far as I am aware, Donald Trump is the only U.S. president to do so blatantly in public speaking.

16. just-want-peace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  17. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds like you don't bother with discernment—you either didn't read my comment, didn't read the article, or are incapable of making a right judgment.

(You are right, jwp, TDS is strong with this one, no doubt fed by a steady diet of progressive leftist lies.)

As for vulgarity, your own posting earlier makes you at least as guilty of being selective about that sort of thing.

18. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    The real problem is that you continue wanting to help the most vile, wicked sort single out one person who strongly opposes them, albeit imperfectly, and ignore the horde of blatantly vulgar, detestable politicians trying to unseat him in hopes of gaining the post themselves or for one of their own.

They most certainly will not make way for whomever you are hoping.

When you've come back to your senses and are ready to deal realistically with the issues, then you can have a meaningful discussion. Until then, your vain imaginings are just distractions that may fool your conscience, but do nothing to help the situation.