1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christmas Bomber to be Offered 'Plea Bargain'

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Jan 4, 2010.

1. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

That's just amazing and pitiful at the same time, not to mention impolite.

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

What a broad brush there. I consider myself progressive/liberal and let's see....

I never killed a baby, and love all my kids and grandkids (including one on the way). I never burned a flag. I love our military and served proudly. I work hard, long hours every day and pay my taxes. And I have never stolen anything. Hmmm...could it be that carpro is wrong? Foolish statements are called that for a reason.

3. rbell

rbell Active Member

However, you're a Nuggets fan, so pretty much everything is suspect.

:eek:

:D

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Well, you got me there! :thumbsup:

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you voted for or support Obama, you hands are as bloody as his. If you support and vote for those who support or vote in favor of flag burning, you are a flag burner. If you are in favor of Obamacare, you are the same as a thief.

There is no explaining it away.

6. FR7 Baptist

Not true. I've never had an abortion and I doubt Mr. Obama has. What does flag burning have to do with anything? (I've never done that either.) Secondly, taxation is not theft. The Bible says that you should render unto Caesar what is Caesar's.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama is an abortionist and those who support abortionists for any reason have bloody hands.

8. FR7 Baptist

Barack Obama has never performed an abortion.

9. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Yes, we are commanded to pay our taxes but, in America, we're also suppose to be "in charge" of our taxes following some fundamental principles that we agreed upon we set up this nation. Those principals put the high importance on individual property ownership and responsibility for our own actions. We own the government in America - It doesn't own us! There is to be no "Caesar" that owns everything and controls everything! But maybe that's where some like Obama are taking us and we're too dumb or lazy to stop him.

Making excuses for leaders that do support abortion equates to, at best, passive support for it. Abortion is a blatant act of murder that should be openly and loudly opposed at every opportunity by every Christian. Saying we "have never had an abortion" - being a man - makes light of the seriousness and supports the thinking that it's a "woman's choice". Men should be leaders and should stand up for what is right - not what is popular.

Flag burning is a desecration of an important symbol of our hard won liberty that is particularly offensive to many citizens and most especially veterans. Calling it "freedom of speech" is another one of those insane "legal opinions" for "smart" but not "wise" lawyers who are perverting the very system that the flag represents.

#29 Dragoon68, Jan 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2010
  10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

An irrelevant argument. He might as well have performed one. His policies not only allow the status quo of the Republicans, he promotes the idea as he does gay rights. The person that does the actual act of murder is no more guilty than the other parties.

Yes, we are to pay the taxes we lawfully owe. That does not mean that the American people have to put up with decade after decade of being robbed by politicians from both parties. Every two years, we have the right to put a stop to it.

As far as burning the American flag goes, it may not be a legal issue, but I would hate to be the one burning the flag and be caught by a group of combat veterans.

11. rbell

rbell Active Member

So, as long as one doesn't perform an abortion, one bears no responsibility for being the leader of a country, and further proliferating the abortion holocaust?

See...this is a reason that your credibility is shot: You're not willing to buck Obama about anything. Your support intimates the mindset of an automaton.