1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christmas Lights

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Arbo, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Every year, the same people on our street decorate their homes with Christmas lights.

This year, there are (it seems) quite a few more are following suit. Seems like a citywide trend.

Anyone else notice the same? I'm in a fairly liberal area of my state, so I naturally wonder if it's because Obama's been hired for four more years.

Just curious.

2. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

The last couple of years have been slim all over town. This year there does seem to be more up, and earlier. I like it. A few days before Christmas we make hot cocoa and drive around town to see the lights.

I don't think we can credit Obama for this one. People are still very concerned about jobs and the economy so maybe they decided to stop holding their breath and create a little extra cheer and optimism on their own.

3. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It's pretty empty out here. Not a lot of folks bothering. I've been so busy I haven't had time to put any lights up outside. I'll be doing they this weekend, but it won't be very many.

In our subdivision, probably about 50 homes, 5 have lights up.