1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christmas Messages

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Tom Bryant, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

As far as I know, I won't be preaching. But if I have to, I'd look at the geneology of Jesus Christ.

3. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

4. Tom Bryant

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess we who preach regularly aren't talking about Christmas... :laugh:

jkdbuck - the genealogy of Jesus is a good message with lots of truth.

plain-n-simple - You can't preach (biblically) about Christmas without including the Gospel. Will you be preaching at all about Christmas?

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Hmmm - I'm not sure. I know hubby is not preaching for the next three weeks which means he will preach the week before Christmas. Christmas Day, we will be doing a family service instead of a regular service - one where we will have all of the children in the service with us and I believe we will celebrate communion. I'm not sure what he's doing to do for that service as far as giving a message. I know he will - but what he's preaching on, I'm not sure. :)

6. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

" You can't preach (biblically) about Christmas without including the Gospel. Will you be preaching at all about Christmas?"

"biblically"? The Holy Spirit does the talking. You can preach about the birth of Jesus without including the Gospel. Preachers do it all the time.

7. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I am preaching a hodgepodge of subjects on the coming of Messiah

Preached the first of the Christmas series yesterday on the text from Genesis 3:15 and the little word used there by Moses----"Enmity"

"I will put ENMITY between thy seed and the seed of the woman"

A pronouncement God made to the serpent-----literally a pronouncement that says "Devil----I will send YOUR enemy!!"

And then just kinda sorta took off from there!!

8. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have in mind to preach with an emphasis on Immanuel, God is with Us - highlighting the various ways God is with us not just at Christmas but also throughout the year. Transitioning to the question, are you with God?

9. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We preach expositionally (racing thru Matthew in 6 years). Each year at Christmas/New Year we have two "breaking-from-the-series" messages.

This year I am preaching "Forgive us our Christmases as we Forgive Those who Christmas Against us" on the 18th

But it really isn't a break. I am in Matthew 18 and dealt with us as Children of the Kingdom and how we live/treat others

18:1-4 Prerequisites for the Kingdom 11/20
    18:5-9 Peril of Stumbling Blocks 11/27
    18:10-14 Precious Unity 12/04
    18:15-20 Procedure for Conflicts 12/11
    18:21-22 Principle of Forgiveness 12/18
    Christmas Program 12/25
    18:23-35 Parable on Mercy 01/01

So tying in the text on "forgiveness" with the life of Christ, His relationship with us, imitating Christ with others at this season of the year.

10. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

The emphasis will be on Jesus Christ the Light of the world.

Let us all pray that as folk attend a church service at this season who normally would not come, they will hear the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ, not only with their physical ears, but in their hearts. May their be much "joy in heaven" over not just one, but many sinners repenting!

11. Tom Bryant

Faith:
    Baptist
    Will that be an expositional message? :tongue3: I have my Bible programs trying to find that text. lol

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tom if I were a preacher Id be preaching God coming into the world to save the poor miserable human race & proclaim HIS triumph over darkness....perhaps a theme of light & darkness...... "post tenebras lux" .... "After Darkness, Light"