1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christmas

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by El_Guero, Dec 10, 2006.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Now this is Christmas weather looking out from my garage

[​IMG]

My daughter mentioned we were not finished shopping so we're not ready for Christmas. I replied this is far better, instead of giving gifts we'll just give what we have. Since the entire city is closed, I guess that'll have to be each other. Now I feel all Christmasy...

Sorry, I don't know how to resize the image so this is very big.... I apologize to those on dialup.

Ok, that is better...

#41 LeBuick, Dec 21, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2006
  2. Daisy

Daisy New Member

At the same time, we in the northeast are having unusually balmy weather.

3. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I just wish (& pray) that everyone would worship Jesus this Christmas day . . . if only for one day in their life on this earth . . . if for only one day.

Wayne
    PS - beautiful snow - but you can keep that part of Christmas.

4. Daisy

Daisy New Member

If you're going to choose one day, then Easter, Resurrection Day, would be more appropriate than Christmas.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No time is more appropriate than right now.

No matter when that is.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

95% of Americans are Not Offended by 'Merry Christmas'

Consider those two little words that have become "controversial" in the holiday season: Merry Christmas. The Zogby Poll found that 95% of Americans are not offended by being greeted with "Merry Christmas" when holiday shopping. In fact, 46% actually take offense when they are greeted with "Happy Holidays."

This is not about forcing your religious beliefs on anyone else. It's about not allowing a very small number of unelected judges and advocates to turn our freedom of religion into their freedom from religion.

America is founded on the idea that we are endowed by our Creator with certain inalienable rights. That means our rights come from God, not the government, and acknowledging our Creator in our public spaces -- be they our courthouses or our shopping malls -- is an indispensable part of who we are.

So this holiday season, take a break from the war on Christmas -- your fellow citizens will thank you for it. Just go ahead and say it: Merry Christmas, America

Newt Gingrich

7. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Whether politically correct . . . or religiously correct:

I wish ya'll a Merry Christmas!

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?p=918885#post918885

8. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Well, how many in hour family will worship Him on any day?

The reality of faith (IMHO) is that if people choose not to worship the baby, then why would we (as believers) expect them to worship the King (Easter)? Isn't the advent the real miracle? If God can make all of creation. . . If God can place Himself into human flesh - then isn't the resurrection really easy to believe?

IMHO.

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

If this stat is true then it get's to the core of the separation of Church and State thread. Why are the offended 5% controlling how the 95% greet this time of year? Christmas takes on different meanings depending on your belief's and world view. It only means Christ birthday to some believers but to others it symbolizes elf's and Jolly ole Saint Nick. To others like the Jews it's just a greeting they hear which means nothing to them...

I'd venture to say things like a nativity scene or ten commandments do not offend the 95%, so it's a shame we let the 5% controll the little joy, peace and goodwill the others like to feel.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyone who is offended by the phrase "Merry Christmas" should not take a holiday this Monday. They should go to work just like any other Monday.

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    AMEN!!!!!!!!!!

12. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

AMEN AMEN!!!

13. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

In most cases this is a paid Holiday for workers, those who choose not to recognize the Christmas Season should turn down their Holiday pay also.
    Anyway , Christmas is still going to happen no matter how many are offended by it.
    Happy Holidays and a Very Merry Christmas to All.

14. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

AMEN!

AMEN!

15. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

AMEN AMEN!!

AMEN AMEN!!

AMEN AMEN!!