1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christopher HItchens vs. Liberal Christian

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by shodan, Dec 18, 2011.

1. shodan

shodan Member
    Site Supporter

At least Hitchens understood what the Gospel was even if he rejected it. You can't say the same for this sickening liberal Christian lady who interviews him in this youtube clip, here:

http://www.bloggingtheologically.com/

2. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    For a Unitarian, she is unusually strong in her one solid belief—in original sin:

“I would just say that this shows the fallen nature of people or, in secular language, the selfishness, egocentricity of all human beings.”

Historically, Unitarians emphasized two things: their opposition to the doctrine of the Trinity and their opposition to the doctrine of original sin (which is why they later had no trouble joining with the Universalists). Oddly (perhaps), she doesn’t mention God.

3. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    BTW, I actually felt sad reading the exchange, thinking it represented the blind leading the blind. Really embarrassing for Ms. Sewell.

Hitchen’s was, of course, correct in calling out these “Christian” atheists who, for reasons known only to themselves, still hide behind a faux Christianity.

"And timing is everything: the exquisite moment when one can break in and cap a story, or turn a line for a laugh, or ridicule an opponent. I lived for moments like that."

He certainly ridicules the shallow-thinking Ms Sewell, but it is a bit of an open goal, and rather unkind, even if one of the moments for which he lived.

#3 Walter, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2011
  4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I haven't read any of the links, but I heard of his death on the news. He was an atheist knowing that death was approaching. At the same time he welcomed any that would pray for him. Now, that is what I found ironic.

5. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There isn’t much to say, really. There is only sorrow that will never become joy. There is only Darkness that will never again give way to Light. There is only the righteousness of God, and Judgment, and Despair and the certainty that all things in this life must come to an end.

I am saddened that he did not get to know the Truth—the greatest Truth—the awe-some friendship and lordship of Jesus Christ here on earth. It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the Living God.