1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christ's Children/Seed shall Trust or Believe !

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by savedbymercy, Apr 20, 2015.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Heb 2:11-13

11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

12 Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.

13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

All of Christ's Seed or Children is Promised to Spiritually Believe/ Trust in God as He did, and Christ here is speaking as the Mediator of the New Covenant, and as such He speaks of them to Him, the Children !

These children given Him are the sames ones He speaks of having been given Him here Jn 17:2

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

Remember when Jacob said to his brother easu of his Children Gen 33:5

And he lifted up his eyes, and saw the women and the children; and said, Who are those with thee? And he said, The children which God hath graciously given thy servant.

Well that is what Christ means in Heb 2:13 ! In both Heb 2:13 and Jn 17:2 the word given is the same greek word didomi :

D.to give one to someone as his own,i.as an object of his saving care

See with us Jn 6:37,39

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

Jn 10:29

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

All such given are His Own !

Now back to Heb 2:13, they are called His Children, so as given to Christ they are His Spiritual Offspring, He is their Everlasting Father Isa 9:6

6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

and as they are His Spiritual offspring they must take on the charateristics of their Spiritual Father/progenitor !

The word Trust is the greek word peitho meaning :

I.persuade

A.to persuade, i.e. to induce one by words to believe

The word also involves obedience, as in Trust and Obey,

B.to listen to, obey, yield to, comply with

Hence this verse of Heb 2:13 is a Promise that those given to Christ in Election, they shall become believers, people of Faith, manifested Children of Abraham Gal 3:7

Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

2. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Whose House are We !

Heb 3:6

6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

Now who are the We here spoken of by this writer of the Book of Hebrews ? Some say this writer is the Apostle Paul, which i believe can be very well true, nevertheless its certainly a New Covenant Believer in Christ; And he is writing other New Covenant Believers and calls themselves Christ's House !

Notice that he calls CHRIST a Son over His Own House ! Now who is Christ ? Why He is the Head of the Body the Church ! Notice it reads Christ a Son OVER His Own House, as to say the Head over His Own House, equivalent to saying He is the Head over His Own Body the Church ! The word House in Heb 3:6 is the greek word oikos and does mean:

A.the family of God, of the Christian Church, of the church of the Old and New Testaments

Now in this Moses was a Type in that as God gave moses a House or People [Israel] under the Old Covenant, of which he was given authority to rule over, hence God has given the Antitype Christ under the New Covenant, a House which He is given rule and Authority over, and this House is the House of Israel, His Body the Church, of which He is Head Eph 1:22

And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

Also just as with the Old Covenant House Moses ruled was the Seed of Abraham, So Likewise the House Christ is over is the Seed of Abraham Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's,[Church/House] then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

And in Christ's House of Israel, House of Abraham's Seed, all racial barriers are done away with, so says Gal 3:28-29

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Salvation is made sure to all the Seed !

Salvation in Christ has been Promised not to all men without exception, but only to a certain People, a Particular Seed, for we read in Isa 47:17,25

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

25 In the Lord shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

Justification and Salvation relatively the same, and again its promised to only a Seed !

No, this Seed of Israel is not speaking of ethnic jews, Abraham's physical descendants according to the flesh, for they are not the Children of God, which are the Seed Rom 9:8

That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

It cannot be made any plainer that the jews, Abraham's physical children of the flesh, are not the seed as Per Isa 45:25

25 In the Lord[Jesus Christ] shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

The Seed therefore are those Chosen in Christ, whether jew or Gentile Rom 4:16

Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

The Promise of Salvation Isa 45:17 and Justification Isa 45:25 is sure to All the Seed, which denotes that its Limited to only a certain People in the World ! A certain People that includes bot jew and Gentiles !

4. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Salvation is made sure to all the Seed 2

So whenever we read in scripture in regards to Salvation / Justification Blessings, and it speaks of All, it refers to All the Seed !

Case in point, Paul writes to the Church of Corinth 1 Cor 6:11

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

This Blessing is related to the Promise made to the Seed of Israel Isa 45:25

25 In the Lord/in His Name shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

Remember later Paul wrote to this same Justified Church 2 Cor 5:14-15

14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:

15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

The all for whom He died is all the Seed ! Thats how and why they are Justified in the Name of the Lord as Promised 1 Cor 6:11 !