1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christ's Church

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by adisciplinedlearner, Jul 13, 2010.

1. adisciplinedlearner

adisciplinedlearner New Member

Please do not mistake that local church for the one true church and body of Christ. The latter has a 100 percent regenerate membership and is eternal and indivisible. God is the one who adds members to it.

2. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

The ONE TRUE CHURCH has members in multitudes of what we call "denominations".

And if you think that ANY of those groups...including your own...has a 100% regenerate "membership" than you are unbelievably naive, and you need to come back to the world of reality.

3. adisciplinedlearner

I do not deny that denominational churches have within their respective memberships people who are members of Christ and members one of another. I do deny that denominational churches are true churches of Christ. Denominational churches are ecclesiastical Babylon, and God's people have it as their duty to leave these man-made bodies.

4. Alive in Christ

Let me guess...

YOUR group is NOT a denomination :laugh: and YOUR group DOES have a 100% regenerate membership!:laugh: :laugh::laugh:

Please...PLEASE come back to reality. Things will go much better for you if you do.

5. Alive in Christ

Just wondering.

C'mon, Be honest...are you Mormon, Jehovahs Wittness, or Church of Christ?

6. adisciplinedlearner

My only group is the one true church and body of Christ. This group does have a 100 percent regenerate membership, and it is predenominational, undenominational, and anti-denominational. If you are a New Covenant Christian, you are also a member of this group. You and I are members of Christ and members one of another. This means we are brothers.

7. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

My money is on CofC but time will tell. :thumbs:

That would be Church of Christ not Community of Christ (re-organized LDS)

#27 lori4dogs, Jul 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2010
  8. adisciplinedlearner

I am just a simple disciple of Christ and a New Covenant Christian. I am a member of Christ and a member of all other persons who are members of Christ. I am predenominational, undenominational, and anti-denominational. Denominationalism does not properly represent the Lord Jesus Christ or the unity of His one body to the world.

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Please read carefully here:

http://baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=1570761&postcount=61

10. adisciplinedlearner

I have read your warning, and I can assure you that I am being totally honest with you about my understanding of the New Testament. I do not believe in playing mind games with people, and I am always willing to let others know what I believe and why I believe it. Others do not have to agree with me, and I will continue to love them anyhow. More than anything else, I believe in the importance of loving God and loving man. If we miss this truth, we have missed it all.

11. Alive in Christ

Thats the way I'm leaning as well.

Great minds think alike! :wavey:

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Your understanding of the NT is one thing. You don't have to agree with me. That is not what I am asking for. It is an identity issue. When someone puts "Christian" in both of those fields "church" and "denomination" we require them to go back and change it, though they give the same "honest" answers you are giving. In reality it is not honest, because you are hiding behind a cloak of vague and ambiguous language. Perhaps you are ashamed of being identified with the Church of Christ or with whatever group you are with. I don't know. But I do know that you don't live all alone isolated on an island.

13. adisciplinedlearner

All I can tell you is that I know and love the Lord Jesus Christ. I am a Christian or a disciple of Christ. This is my identity.

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I think that the "Disciples of Christ" were kind of a hippie movement that called themselves disciples of Christ, and originated in California. I wouldn't want to be associated with that cult. Thus the importance of proper identification.

15. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

Well, there is this Disciples of Christ group connected with Chapman University in Orange, CA:

http://www.gladalliance.org/

Doesn't look Kosher, does it??

Of course, this is 'Disciples of Christ' (Christian Church). This is a good reason to be more specific and 'provide identification.'

#35 lori4dogs, Jul 16, 2010
  16. adisciplinedlearner

All true Christians are disciples of Christ. This is New Testament terminology.

17. Alive in Christ

Actually, there is a VERY large "Disciples of Christ" group....

Here is a link...

http://www.disciples.org/

But I tend to doubt he is part of it, as it is EXCEEDINGLY liberal

#37 Alive in Christ, Jul 16, 2010
  18. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Do you believe anyone can be a true Christian and not be immersed in water? For example, can unbaptized, sprinkled or poured persons be recognized as true Christians?

19. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I'm having my doubts. All my Church of Christ friends aren't the least bit shy or subtle about identifying their affiliation.

20. adisciplinedlearner

"Dr. Walter" is a friend of mine. He knows that I believe a true New Covenant Christian is a person who has repented, believed, and confessed Christ in baptism by immersion in water. He does not agree with me, but that is OK with me.