1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christ's Meditorial Office & Person from Everlasting !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Sep 29, 2012.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

1 Tim 2:5

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Prov 8:22-23

22 The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

Note: Here from Everlasting and From the beginning are synonymous !

1 Tim 2:5, this scripture makes it without a doubt that Christ as Man, is the only Mediator, but when did He become the Mediator Man ? Was it by the Virgin Birth ? No, for then He became a babe, However, for whom I believe is the Mediator Christ speaking, gives us His origin here Prov 8:22-23

22 The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

These are the Words of Wisdom, Christ the Wisdom of God 1 Cor 1:24

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

It can be concluded here in Prov 8, that Wisdom speaking is a Divine Being with intelligence, who does act independent and personally, which also has the affection of Love Prov 8:17, and that towards the Sons of men whom are His delight Prov 8:31

31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men. The Election of Grace, those given Him by the Father Jn 17:2

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

Heb 2:13

13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

The children here and the Sons of men of Prov 8:31 are the same !

And that Christ the Mediator would delight in these sons of men, it is quite appropriate since He is their Mediator that has been set up vs 23.

He was set up for an Redemptive Purpose from everlasting Eph 3:11 and Col 1:14-16

9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Notice, whom He purposed in Christ Jesus, which is the same Christ Jesus who is the Mediator 1 Tim 2:5

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Col 1:14-16

14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

This World was Created for a Redemptive Purpose in Christ Jesus the Mediator, the God Man !

2. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Christ's Meditorial Office & Person from Everlasting ! 2

This Being of Christ as Mediator Man set up from everlasting, though Divine in this particular Character as Mediator, is not God, but the Mediator Man between God and Men, the Man Christ Jesus 1 Tim 2:5, yet in His Divine Nature He is God, the Word Jn 1:1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

So what occurred in Eternity was a merging of the Divine Word and the Begotten Son the Mediator Man, and this became a Hypostatic Union from Eternity and it was a foreshadowing of the Hypostatic Union He would have with flesh and Blood in the fullness of time !

So it was before the Creation of the World the Lord Jesus Christ was both the Eternal Word of God, Uncreated, Unbegotten and One in Divine Essence with the Father and the Spirit, and also the Begotten Son of God, brought forth into His Mediator[Man] role for the Elect of God, for the Church of God as well as its Surety and Covenant Head !

This is a deep Mystery revealed of the Person of Christ, something human wisdom could not have ever found out or discovered but by revelation !