1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Christ's One Offering Sanctified forever those He died for !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, May 12, 2012.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

the bib

You have, you say that the Son's Blood is worthless in and of itself, that is Blasphemy to the Highest Heavens !

The Elect are Reconciled to God by Christ's Death Alone Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

The Elect were Sanctified once and for All by the Death of Christ alone Heb 10:10

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

The Elect are Redeemed to God, by His Death/ Blood Alone Rev 5:9

And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

And here you are posting on a public forum before the universe, that Christ's Death in and of itself is Worthless ! Blasphemy !

2. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I said no such thing IF CONTEXT of my words are acknowledged! What I said is that the Person and work of Christ is WORTHLESS in and of itself APART FROM THE CO-EQUAL Persons and covenant work of the Father and Holy Spirit. They cannot be separated without destroying the whole of redemption and that is precisely what you are teaching. You are teaching that the Person and work of Christ in and of itself ALONE apart from any other Person of the Godhead or their covenant work and the isolated work of the Son is totally sufficient to save - and that is pure Hogwash!

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

the bib

You DID post that Christ's Death in and of itself is worthless ! That is Blasphemy ! Keep lying or I will show the posts, where you stated that without the subsequent work of the Spirit that Christ's Death is Worthless ! Which is a Lie, and Blasphemy !

4. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Get it right! I said without the Father AND Spirit's work it is worthless! If you don't understand it, a "covenant" requires TWO or MORE parties not just ONE. You position requires only ONE and I am saying that ONE in and of itself apart from the other two is NOT THE COVENANT OF REDEMPTION but a PERVERTED covenant concept and is WORTHLESS.

5. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

the bib

I did get it right you stated !

That is BLASPHEMY ! The Spirits applicatory work has nothing to do with satisfying God's Law and Justice for those Christ died for, absolutely Nothing !

It has nothing to do with Christ's Blood remitting the Sins of the Elect Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

What did the Holy Spirit do or accomplish for God to forgive the sins of the Elect ?

6. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

You just can't seem to get it right can you? Let me say it another way so you can get the whole picture. The Son and the Spirit's works are WORTHLESS in and of themselves APART FROM the covenant work and Person of the Father!

7. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

the bib

Nah you cannot get it right, the Death of Christ is priceless without the Work of the Spirit ! 1 Pet 1:18-19

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

And you deny this, BLASPHEMY !

8. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

The work of Christ is so much rubbish without the covenant work of both the Father and Spirit and the same could be said individually of each One APART FROM the other Two.

What you are doing is like SUBTRACTING one essential truth from the gospel and yet still calling it the gospel of salvation. For example, like the Corinthians substracting the resurrection from the gospel. They believed in his death and his burial but denied his resurrection and yet claimed it was "the gospel" of salvation. Paul claimed their gospel was "vain" or WORTHLESS even though it included Christ dying for sins and being buried.

Likewise, you are preaching a SUBTRACTED covenant of redemption, a VAIN gospel of salvation and thus VAIN or WORTHLESS work of Christ as it is vain in and of itself APART FROM both the Father and Spirit's work of redemption.

9. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

the bib

Thats Blasphemy, The Work of Christ in and of itself has sanctified those He died for once and for all !

Heb 10:10

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

The Spirit's work has nothing to with that Blasphemer !

10. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

See Post #20

11. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Thats Blasphemy, The Work of Christ in and of itself has sanctified those He died for once and for all !

12. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

It did not APART FROM the preceding covenant work of the Father and it WILL NOT apart from the proceeding covenant work of the Spirit - period! The covenant of redemption is a TRIUNE WORK or it is no work at all!

13. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

14. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

see Post #32

15. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The Death of Christ alone, has sanctified all the Elect for whom He died, set them apart for the service of God, before they are born and before they are born again by the Spirit. This is Illustrated by the Prophet Jeremiah Jer 1:5

5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Now if this setting apart was before he came out of the womb, that is before being born of the flesh, dead in sin, then it was before any work of the Spirit applying the Work of Christ on him, his sanctification was premised solely on Christ's Surety ship of the Everlasting Covenant, and so it is with all the Church of God !

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Adam was not a figure of type. He was a real and historical man.
    He was the federal head of the human race. In a sense he was a type of Him who was to come as Christ is called the Second Adam.
    Christ only took on the seed of Abraham to identify both with humanity and with the Jewish race, and nothing more. Not only did he come as perfect man, he came as a lowly Jew.
    You have taken this verse out of its context.
    Try John 3:16 instead. Christ came for the world, not those who obey him. You are preaching a heretical salvation by works.
    First, nowhere in the Bible does it say that "God gives faith."
    Second, nowhere in the Bible does it say that God died for a select group of people.
    Third, nowhere does it say in the Bible that Christ died only for those that believe. That is heresy--a works salvation.
    Fourth, concerning the rich young ruler, he was given the choice to follow Jesus. He decided not to follow Jesus but to covet his riches instead, thus Jesus said: "How hardly shall a rich man enter into the kingdom of God." He desired his riches more than he desired God. The rich man was the one that made the choice. He had the will to do it. God did not force the decision upon him.
    Christ died for all. Christ called all. Only some accepted the call. The story teaches that evident truth which you reject.

17. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dhk says

Scripture says Rom 5:14

Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

18. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Christ's One Offering Sanctified forever those He died for !

So because Christ's Death alone has once and for all sanctified or set apart for God's Purpose all those he died for, as an evidence of that Truth, the Spirit of God gives New Life unto all of them unto Gospel Obedience or Belief of the Truth, or its called Sanctification of the Spirit unto belief of the Truth. This also answers the Redeemers prayer for all whom He died Jn 17:17-20

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

1 Pet 1:2

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

The prep eis unto can mean into, so it could read:

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, into obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Now this sanctifying work of the Spirit unto Gospel obedience, is the FRUIT of Christ's Death, His One offering of Heb 10:10 ! All Persons Christ died for are automatically Sanctified [once and for all] by the Divine Purpose, even before actual childbirth as sinners, even as Jeremiah was Jer 1:5

5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Yet, this did not mean that Jeremiah would not still be born a sinner, a child of wrath by nature as others, and not needing to be born again, but all that would occur by the Divine Purpose in due time so that he could fulfill his call as a prophet. However in God's Purpose, Jeremiah was always sanctified and set apart for God's Holy Purpose, his being born a sinner could not thwart that Purpose, neither for any other person Christ died for and set them apart for God's Holy Purpose in the Body of Christ. It is simply impossible for anyone Christ died for to not in time be sanctified by the Spirits Work unto obedience so they can perform the works God hath already ordained before that they should walk in Eph 2:8-10

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

19. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The good works are thiose predestined by god that happen in our lives AFTER getting saved, by faith in jesus!