1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Chronology Of The Crucifixion Week

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by freeatlast, Feb 6, 2008.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

As you know we are quickly coming up on Easter (Resurrection day). As you also most likely are aware of there is a great debate over what day the Lord was crucified as well as when He arose. Tradition says that He was crucified on Friday and arose on Sunday. To be honest there has been some real mathematical wonders when counting the days between Friday and Sunday to get three days and three nights of Christ in the grave. I feel that we need to understand and teach truth, not the traditions of men. I have an article done by a Christian Jew who gives the best explanation of what took place which agrees with scripture. While this may seem a little long for some it is well worth the time to have the proper understanding of what took place and when it really happened. I hope that you will take the time to read this and have a clear understanding as to this very important invent in the teachings of the Lord's death and resurrection. God bless

PT 1 CHRONOLOGY OF THE CRUCIFIXION WEEK

PT 2 CHRONOLOGY OF THE CRUCIFIXION WEEK

#1 freeatlast, Feb 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2008
  2. Beth

Beth New Member

Thank you

I'm printing these articles off to show my husband, so he can also study these!

Thank you for posting them!

Your sister in Christ,
    Beth

3. AAA

AAA New Member

Thanks..n/t

4. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Your very welcome. My desire is that we who belong to the Lord and tell about His word do so in an accurate manner. This alone will cause many of the skeptics to be silent. God bless

5. spiersdodgerblue

spiersdodgerblue New Member

Very good read, thank you! I have also printed, haha I'm going to give one to my pastor. Let's see how he leads me on this. Some time I think that they don't like it when they see me coming. I always have questions they don't seem to want to get into.

I'm still young in the Lord, I have questions!

6. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Questions are great! :thumbs: If more people would ask them then perhaps the church would better understand the Lord that they claim to know. ;)