1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Church architecture

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Michael Wrenn, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Does anyone worship in an old-fashioned white frame church with tall ceilings and clear windows that you can see outside of?

That's the kind of church building that I grew up attending, but it burned when I was 20 years old, and they didn't build it back the same way.

Now all I see around here are those low-slung, brown brick buildings with windows that you can't see out of. They remind me of a morgue.

Guess I'm trying to recapture the church of my youth, without success. :)

2. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

My church is in a store-front so no unfortunately I don't.
    However, I attended a similar church when I was younger. Small building, white siding, plain windows. Low ceiling however. But after the church grew, they built a new building next door with a tall ceiling, but with stained glass windows. The old sanctuary became the fellowship hall. Good memories :)

3. DiamondLady

DiamondLady New Member

sort of LOL We have clear windows you can see out of...however we keep them covered with blinds or it'd be so bright in the Florida sun we'd have to wear sunglasses inside. Our building is a lovely sandstone block...white frame would be awful in ths hot sun here and you'd be painting constantly, not to mention what the termites would do to a large frame building!

We do still have PEWS!, haven't given them up for the hook together chairs so popular nowdays, and we still use hymnals.

4. 12strings

12strings Active Member

I'm sorry, could you please explain what a hymnal is? Is that like a screen that you hold in your hands? :laugh:

5. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our services are held in a building with an 'old fashoned traditional barn look - >>here<<

Rob

6. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

A Celebration Hymnal kindle edition?

7. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

That's wonderful!