1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Church cited and fined for choir singing TOO loud!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Oct 18, 2015.

1. John Public

John Public Evangelist, author, muscian. Meek servant.

You asked for my serpent seed presentation, Darrell.
    You want it, you email. If not, oh well. That does not derail the thread with useless chatter.

There is a church playing music with instruments; it is apart from Christ the Rock of Ages. Chad Wagner, I suppose you could call a reformed Baptist pastor, has a detailed
    article on it. http://www.minneapolischurch.net/basic-bible-doctrine-part15

#21 John Public, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  2. John Public

3. nailah783

nailah783 Member

I saw this on the news, and I was just like really? They really trying to stop the church from getting their praise on? Didn't they know when they moved there that there was going to be noise. Most of the churches that I have gone to have been in residential areas, but it's usually church members that live there or people that have an understanding with the Pastor. You should already know that you are going to live somewhere that is going to get loud. Seriously, that's like moving next door to a park and expecting the kids to be quiet. You knew where you moved. You should have taken that into consideration.

4. MichelleVL

MichelleVL New Member

I agree that the church has the right to worship, and sometimes religious organizations are targeted more than if it were a just common person cranking up their music and that is not fair. There is a fine line though between worship and worshiping in extremes. You don't need loud music to worship God. Worshiping in silence works just as well, because God knows what is in our hearts. Mathew 7:12 says "Do to others what you want them to do to you. This is the meaning of the law of Moses and the teaching of the prophets". Disturbing your neighbors no matter what religion is practiced is not a good show of love towards the brothers and sisters in the area. People work, children go to school. A little more consideration should be shown towards these neighbors.The Church causing the disturbances should maybe consider starting at earlier hours, so they may worship as they want to, without causing disturbances.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I love history. I would love to see the evidence for this, but can't find it through Google. Could you point me in the right direction please or maybe answer a couple of questions.

What kind of organ was it?
    Who invented it?
    Where was it first used?

If you would like you might start another thread. I am not seeing where the organ was a problem in this church so am not sure how this is on topic.

#25 NaasPreacher (C4K), Oct 21, 2015
  6. John Public

Hi, brother. Have you ever head how loud an organ can be?! I can fetch an entire orchestra; the organ will overpower the orchestra, even the precussion section with gusto.
    The posted sermon documents it well. It is by David Pyles.
    Why not start that thread, CK4?

#26 John Public, Oct 21, 2015
  7. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A little truth in advertising would be nice. So far the church was neither cited nor fined. The church was sent a letter by the city of Oakland informing them of the noise complaint and telling them that they would be fined if they continued making noise after 9 pm.

The article did not say what (if anything) the city of Oakland did to check the veracity of said complaint. It could be much ado about nothing or it could be that the church really has to knock of making noise after 9 pm.

• Like Like x 1