1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Church government

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Jacob_Elliott, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Nothing to disagree with here. But please flesh out your answer for me.

The pastor-elder-bishop, the deacons and the congregation all have roles in the life of the church. Describe those roles and how they mesh with and complement each other's.

2. Jacob_Elliott

Jacob_Elliott New Member

I couldn't tell you as all of the above describe my church ha!

3. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Re: post #17 above

Sorry, the word: NIK. was grabbed as an ad for athletic shoes.

Is there any way to delete?

The point was: the connotation of conquer is in NIK(CH) OLAS, even in brand names.

Bro. James

4. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

Hey!! we must go to the same church. First Baptist of Selfrighteousville? You must have been that funny lookin guy sittin in MY pew last Sunday!!

5. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

Exactly, all have roles, all should be relying on the sufficiency of scripture to carry out those duties they've been assigned and the calling of God for each particular task. See Ephesians 4:1-16 and Romans 12:1-8 and Phillipians 2:1-4

- An overbearing Pastor, my way or the highway. (HIS primary purpose is to feed the sheep, preaching of the word - the whole counsel)
    -A board of deacons that run the show (The calling of these men is to serve)
    - A committee for everything under the sun, many of which are run/chaired by the same small group in a church. (Do these committees do what is best for the church as a whole, or serve their pet interests and show favoritism)

-A "family" church where a large percentage of the congregation is made up of branches from two or three family trees. (If a family member is in open sin is the sin defended, or is proper discipline done for the benefit of the whole body?, are funds withheld to make the pastor look bad if they wanna git rid of him?)

When all of these individuals are focused on the "one purpose" and if everything is done in "the same love" there would not be the chaos that we see in our churches today. I sincerely believe Paul Washer is correct when he says that churches in America are the greatest mission field today.