1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Church Plant

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by revmwc, Apr 6, 2018.

1. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

I have had it on my heart to get a new work started for several years now. I have found a building for sale that cost more than I have but I know too if the Lord wants me here HE will provide a means of purchase. I need prayer for people willing to support the work with their prayers and those who are close and lead with their attendance and commitment to it.

Please pray for me as I seek God's will in starting this work. See if God is leading you to pray or help and those close to attend. Please pray that God will help me to find a way to finance or find support for this work. That the work would grow and will become a vibrant Beacon for God. Location isn't exceptional but God can work it out.

• Like Like x 2
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
  2. BroOldTimer

BroOldTimer Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bless you, brother.

3. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Me, I would be less concerned with the meetinghouse and be more concerned with the gathering of the embryonic congregation.My home church started with 12 meeting in a front parlor 120 years ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A church doesn't start with a building but it can certainly end with one. We're in our 12th year as a new plant starting in the dining room of a pizza shop and moving to the auditorium at the local school. We've talked about building or finding an existing structure but remain where we are for now.

We ask three simple questions when the discussion about a building arise:

1. Will it bring glory to God?
    2. Will it advance the Gospel?
    3. Will it edify the Body?
    Once the work commences, the congregation will need to be committed to something. You decide early on if you want to be tied to a physical structure or not. Our area is over-run by half built church buildings and abandoned old buildings. We have no interest in contributing to that.

We will stay where we are until it is clear the Lord is leading us in the direction of a permanent structure. Our focus is and will always be on building up the body in terms of sound doctrine and teaching.

5. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

I have a small congregation, just this building came up and is empty. An empty church building does nothing for the Lord just as empty believers can do nothing for Him!

6. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    If the price is right go for it, however, don't let the building's mortgage rule your budget.

7. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Many people feel more comfortable in less formal surroundings. I always liked the cottage prayer meeting feel of the house church in Acts. And the group participation...

8. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    However, we need to keep in mind one factor. In some places and cultures, a church\congregation is not considered to be legitimate unless it has a meetinghouse.