1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Churches that need Pastors

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by textusreceptus, Jun 12, 2010.

1. textusreceptus

textusreceptus New Member

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and this is my first post. I have looked at all the topics and hope I'm posting this in the correct spot (if not, please feel free to direct me to the appropriate forum).

Anyway, I've been an Associate Pastor of a small church in New England for the past 3 years. God has given me a strong desire to lead a flock, and I firmly believe He's called me to New England.

Several of my preacher buddies tell me that our area is in need of Pastors, but I'm having a hard time finding those churches. Can anyone tell me if they know of churches in New England that need pastors or websites where I can find this information?

I greatly appreciate any help, in advance. Thank you!

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are several sites that can be of assistance. But just wondering - are you SBC, ABC, IBF or what - as some of the sites cater to certian groups.

This one has several links

Salty

3. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What about planting a church? New England does need Bible preaching churches, so start 1.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Where is the 'like' button :)

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. textusreceptus

textusreceptus New Member

Thanks everyone for your help! Salty, I'm an independant Baptist. Thanks for the link - I didn't realize there were so many sites that listed ministry openings.

With regard to starting a church, my wife and I have been praying about that as well. Only thing is having reliable help. We have many faithful members of the church where I'm Associate now, but honestly none that I would feel comfortable starting a church with.

7. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pastor Paul Chappell started Lancaster Baptist Church in his living room with 12 people attending the first service. Now look at it...The Holy Spirit moved and shook that area!

http://www.lancasterbaptist.org/

8. jvargas

jvargas New Member

Many great churches have started this way. There's just something about a group of people leaing on the Lord and not the finances of a parent church that allows for real movement of God.

9. thegospelgeek

thegospelgeek New Member

Not in New England but Southern Ohio;

Petrea FWB
    Black Oak FWB
    Zion FWB
    Iefort FWB
    Wellston FWB