1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CIA propagating disinformation

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by stanleyg, Sep 10, 2006.

1. stanleyg

stanleyg New Member

Q Stanley, why do you accuse our CIA of propagating disinformation?

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, terrorism is a result of the fall of man in the Garden of Eden. To blame the actions of our government for the actions of terrorists is silly and just plain wrong.

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Stanley,

I sure would like to see the CIA open up an office in, say, the USSR, or IRAQ, with a signpost in front in big bold letters, saying, Central Intelligence Agency of the United States of America, Welcome.

Then I would like to see their intelligence agents buy the PRAVDA and other Russian Newspapers, or the newspapers of whatever country they are at, cull their "intelligence" from them and transmit that to the USA.

No covert networks.
    No covert agents.
    No covert tactics.
    No covert equipment.

Nothing.

Just an office with tv in every room subscribed to cable, radios, and each worker subscribed to all the newspapers of that country, with nothing to do all day but sit in their sorry butts and read the news and see which one is true, potentially true, and just pure gossip.

I am sure they will be very, very effective, and will be worth the money being paid them from US taxpayers' dollars. Taxpayers whose physical, political, and economic security they ought to be looking out for.

Yes, sir.

That sure will be heaven for you libs, and hell for the American nation.

4. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unbiased meaning of Intelligence

according to dictionary.com, the following meanings of intelligence are:

The work of intelligence agencies encompass all these definitions. Espionage is simply one function of intelligence.
    There are no overt spies, since most countries' laws require the immediate expulsion of any spy, and in wartime, the immediate execution of spies.

There is no such thing as overt espionage activities either.

All information gathered, overtly, or covertly, are called intelligence, since these are datas that are analyzed, collated, and sorted out to come up with a logical course of action, or decision, about military, economic, or political courses.

I would be very careful about looking down at our intelligence agencies, and their action agents in the field, because they lay their butts down on the line as much as the uniformed soldiers in war zones do.

The soldiers get their posthumouses, honor guards, and military burials, most of these intelligence agents don't.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am wondering if this is another drive-by-posting.:thumbs:

6. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Stanley

I do not accuse the CIA of propogating false information . . . that is part of their 'j' 'o' 'b'.

I expect them to give disinformation to the enemy.

7. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

Q Stanley - Do you receive per word payment for use of Wikipedia /Wiktionary?