1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cindy Sheehan's Bizarre Encampment

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Aug 9, 2005.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Her grandson evidently felt it was a priority to him. His opinion was the only one that mattered.

2. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Interestingly, President Bush has publicly confirmed Cindy Sheehan's right to speak out. He did so on August 11, 2005 in comments he made about the matter.

He's a kinder person than she'll ever be. Of course, thankfully, her views haven't weakened his resolve. He's just giving her the benefit of the doubt as to her motives.

It's too bad, for her cause anyway, that Cindy doesn't know how to communicate her points without unfounded insults, lies, exaggerations, and distortions.

The other side of it is that the rest of us also have a right to speak out about what we feel. That also includes our opinions about Cindy Sheehan's comments.

3. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

The following are extracts from today's comments by Nealz Nuze concerning Cindy Sheehan:

That's what Neal wrote. I don't always care for his tone or choice of words but I do enjoy his commentary because he usually tells it like he sees it and he's not afraid to take on anything including an alleged "grieving" mother who's gotten way out of line. He sure exercises his right to free speech and, compared to a lot of liberals doing so, I much prefer his points of view.

It's sad when any married couple seeks divorce. It always hurts lots of people. We don't know for certain the reasons for this divorce. However, it's very possible that Cindy's own vengeful hatred has so consumed her that she's unable to deal with anything else. I pray that God will somehow put an end to end Cindy's problem and, also, if it be His will bring her and her husband into reconciliation of whatever differences they may have.

It's interesting to note how her vocalization of her meeting with President Bush has evolved to the point it is today. She now hurls insults at him as if he were her son's murderer. It's such a shame to waste all that energy in such a destructive manner. She could instead bring honor to her son's death by valuing the sacrifice that he and many others have made for their country. She could be an inspiration to others to join the fight and give their all as necessary. There's so much she could do to help the cause verses destroying herself and her family.