1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Civil War in the GOP - I say, "Bring It On!"

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by J.D., Sep 16, 2010.

1. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Tonight when The O'Riley Report came on Fox Channel the lead story was about the growing tension between the establishment faction of the Republican Party and the Tea Partiers. It was implied that a civil war inside the party could be destructive, at which thought my wife cried out, "Oh no! That would be terrible!"

I disagree. I believe the problem since the Reagan years has been, not the democrat party, but the republican party. How so? Well, we keep voting for republicans, and they keep not representing us.

I say, it's time for a war. Let's get it on!

What say you?

2. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Either the RNC "establishment" gets over it or they lose about 2/3 of their members.

This would include a significant number of evangelicals who are more in line with the Tea Party movement than the more mainstream RNC leadership.

We could be seeing a legitimate push towards a 3rd party...something I'm a HUGE fan of seeing happen.

3. rbell

rbell Active Member

I'm ready to make a very important statement regarding this issue:

Karl Rove, you're a moron. Shut your mouth.

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I'd been drinking milk, I think I might have snorted it out my nose....

5. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Look at how many Rino their are. Reagan is the last Republican that I have been able to vote for president, been going third party(not Libertarian).

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I disagree as well. The Tea Party influence may be the best thing that has happened to the Republican party in decades.

They have lost their way. Maybe this will help them find it.

7. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

I am not a Republican... I am not a Democrat... and I am not a Tea Partier.

Republicans:

• Horrible Economic Policies (Democrats just not as bad--when Clinton is better at economics than you, you vacuum)

Horrible Foreign Policies (Saviors of the world... in their mind only)

Horrible Energy Policy (their view of nuclear power is just as lame brained as the Dem's view of Green Energy)

Horrible Social Programs Liberal Social Engineering by an Elephant

Relinquishes our rights for politics

Corrupt

Democrats

• Keynes is Dead and wrong

Social engineering at her worst

Environmental policies for "Green" as crazy as Republican's policy on nuclear energy

Abortion! They love justifying murder and this is sickening

Irrational Educational Policy They believe the Government raises kids not parents.

No moral compass (could be said about most Elephants too)

Foreign Policy that is not clear nor cogent

Special Interests both parties have them, but Dem's seem to follow some despite hard and undisputed evidence to the contrary.

Tea Party

• Too many Quacks and overly divisive people. Do we really want to support a Presidential Candidate who divides people and uses irrational political attacks like calling them "The Lamestream Media"

A morphing group with morphing beliefs because there is no standard doctrine

They are the Obama for Conservatives. They sound good but they have little true experience

They are more against things than for a clear vision

Their religious element is heretical

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    An important point to remember is that there is no typicaly R or D. There are conservative D's and liberal R's. Often the part of the country comes from makes a diffference as well as other "barriers"

Of course the bottom line is that most D/s will listen to Pelosi (sp?). What we need are self thinkers.

Another change I would like to see is the way the house votes. Currenty they have a minium of 15 minutes to cast a vote. And they have the opporunity to change their vote - if politics allows.

My suggestion - you have one minute to vote - the vote is secret until the results are announced - then made public. That way a rep MUST vote the way he (supposedly) thinks he should.

Yea, I know the system is messed up

Salty

9. billwald

billwald New Member

No one remembers the Goldwater fiasco?