1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Class in Modern Society

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by FR7 Baptist, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Work reminds them how fortunate they are. You asked, I answered.

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Work is essential for a man to be a man. What does a leech contribute, since they don't bleed people any more.

3. targus

targus New Member

I suppose that someone with a MENSA IQ thinks that the "smart" thing to do is the minimum required to keep a public union job that is supported by the "dumb" taxpaying class.

If you had truly been as "smart" in your career as you think you were you would have enjoyed a better lifestyle in your youth and productive years instead of waiting for someone to pass and leave you some money in your advanced years.

Too bad that strategy comes with the possibility of your having to hand off the money to the next generation before you get to enjoy it yourself.

Can you list for me the many enjoyable aspects that your life of semi-labor provided to you and your family over the years?

4. billwald

billwald New Member

I loved my job for 30 years. It provided all the family benefits of any other jobs plus a few.

I worked a 6 on, 2 days off shift. The long work week gave me an extra 18 or days off which I could use for vacation or whatever.

5. targus

targus New Member

However that plus your huge intellect was not able to lift you out of the lower class.

Isn't that your thesis?

That intelligence predicts class?

Whu happuned?

6. billwald

billwald New Member

I'm in the top 20%.

7. targus

targus New Member

That doesn't require much.

I'm in the top 10%.

The difference is I was willing to take a risk to get it.

I didn't depend on a public union to take taxpayer money to pay above average wages to union members for below average work in exchange for union votes.