1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Clear Word Bible

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Marcia, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I'm glad you did this but don't expect CT to be getting heat from its subscribers. Frankly, I think the subscribers couldn't care less. Concern over doctrine is decreasing at an alarming rate in the church. This matter would be seen as minor. If TD Jakes can sell books like hotcakes in Christian bookstores, anything is possible (TD Jakes denies the Trinity).

Also, CT is not always up to par on stuff. I know people who nickname CT as "Christianity Astray."

Still, queenbee, glad you sent in a protest! We still need to speak out, no matter the lack of concern or state of affairs.

2. franklinmonroe

franklinmonroe Active Member

I had not heard this before. I'm not well acquainted with him, so I check on the web. His non-profit organization (nondenom church) is called 'The Potter's House' in Dallas, I think. Their Belief Statement begins with (my emphasis) --
    God -There is one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in three manifestations: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.​

Since this accusation has been made public, can you elaborate on your statement for us?

#22 franklinmonroe, Jul 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2008
  3. sag38

sag38 Active Member

You may need to seek further clarification as to the Potter's House meaning of "three manifestations." To Orthadox Chrisitianity this means one thing. To oness believers it means something different.

4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

5. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

The term "manifestations" is often how Oneness followers word their view of God. T D Jakes has been confronted about the fact he will not affirm the Trinity and a major article was written on this a few years ago. It's here:
    http://www.equip.org/site/c.muI1LaMNJrE/b.2625875/k.B807/DJ900.htm

You can google and probably find more info on this topic.

T D Jakes has a Oneness background so this is not too surprising. Aside from this problem, Jakes teaches the health and wealth false gospel.

6. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While the Jabroney False Witlesses and LSD...er...LDS use direct approach, the seven-Day-Adlibbers use stealth bombers. They act almost ashamed of who they are. That's why we must stay ever-vigilant & prepare ourselves for both direct assault and sneak attax from the cults. Their boss, the devil, is far more powerful & smarter in many ways than all of us together, so we must both put on the armor of God and swing the sword He's given us by STUDYING HIS WORD, & knowing it as intimately as possible. A good working knowledge of God's word enables one to resist any and all Satanic/cultic attax on one's faith and work for God. Thus, we are able to see through false Bible versions such as CW.

7. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I live about 50 miles from Charleston, WV, where T. D. Jakes comes from; thus I've hearda him from almost the beginning of his "ministry". Luckily, we've had, and do have, some REAL evangelists in this area: the late Calvin Evans & his son Calvin Ray Evans, for example.

Jakes is "Dr. Feelgood:Appalachia".