1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Clinton, Obama rapped for taking cash from hip-hop producers

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by I Am Blessed 24, Apr 28, 2007.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Jim Brown
    OneNewsNow.com
    April 27, 2007

An African-American ministry is drawing attention to what it sees as the selective moral outrage of two Democratic presidential candidates, Senators Hillary Clinton (D-NY) and Barack Obama (D-IL), who were outspoken critics of former MSNBC host Don Imus following his denigrating comments about the Rutgers University women's basketball team.

Clinton reportedly raked in $800,000 at a fundraiser hosted by rapper Timbaland, whose obscene and demeaning lyrics about women, critics say, make Don Imus's remarks pale in comparison. And Obama, who was quick to call for the firing of Imus, collected more than a million dollars at a fundraiser hosted by Hollywood mogul David Geffen, whose record company produces the albums of profane rappers like Snoop Dogg.

Dean Nelson is with the Network of Politically Active Christians (NPAC), a ministry of Wellington Boone Ministries. He says both Clinton and Obama are employing a double standard.

THE REST OF THE STORY

2. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

No no no IAB, these are Democrats. It is the intensity of their conviction, not the substance of their actions that must be considered.

3. I Am Blessed 24

That is almost too true to be funny... :tear:

It's also scary, but is definitely not something unexpected. :BangHead:

4. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

I don't care who contributes to these campaigns, as long as they defeat the republican in the 2008 election.

BTW, if it makes you feel better thinking that only the democrats take money from questionable sources, go ahead and keep your head in the sand.

5. I Am Blessed 24

You missed the point, Terry.

They just demanded that IMUS be fired for a rascist remark and now are taking much money from rap groups that make more rascist remarks than IMUS ever thought of making.

The OP is NOT about dems vs reps.

PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC

6. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

I don't care who contributes to these campaigns, as long as they defeat the republican in the 2008 election.

What an ignorant reply!

Concernng the original post, these people get away with saying anything and doing anything because not only are they democrats but black democrats!

7. Rooselk

Rooselk Member

You're right about that:

Republicans are very good about pointing to the specks in the eyes of others while ignoring the logs in their own eyes.

8. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

So now you are admitting you are a racist! I guess it would be to your liking if they were all white democrats.