1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Closed gas stations

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Hope of Glory, Jun 20, 2006.

?
  1. I pass by without even slowing down.

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. I slow down and hope for the best, but expect they're closed

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. I pull in. I'm the ultimate optimist.

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  4. Other (please expalain)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

OK, I've been watching a closed gas station across the street from where I work part time. When my wife and I travel and we see a gas station with significantly lower prices, I automatically assume that they have been out of business for some time. However, people pull into here constantly, because the posted price is 40 cents lower than the other gas station in town. Some of them even pull up to the pumps and try to get them to work, in spite of the fact that there are big "for sale" signs all over the place. Maybe I'm just cynical and others are just overly optimistic, but I'm curious as to what others do.

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

We see stations sometimes with lower then others prices, and they are usually open stations. You can tell before you pull in which it is. Now if it says $1.99 count me out, lol.

3. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

I will pull in if it's a 7 or 8 cent difference, but 40 cents?