1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Closer look at the Constitution Party

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by BillyG, Dec 7, 2004.

1. BillyG

BillyG New Member

A closer look at the Constitution Party platform

1. The preamble
    The Constitution Party gratefully acknowledges the blessing of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ as Creator, Preserver and Ruler of the Universe and of these United States. We hereby appeal to Him for mercy, aid, comfort, guidance and the protection of His Providence as we work to restore and preserve these United States.

While this sounds very nice it completely leaves out the fact America is a melting pot of difference. What do we do with the millions of America that do not believe Jesus Christ is Lord? Do they become second class citizens? What about the Jews and God’s promise to help those that help the Jews?

2. Sanctity of Life
    No government may legalize the taking of the unalienable right to life without justification, including the life of the pre-born; abortion may not be declared lawful by any institution of state or local government - legislative, judicial, or executive. The right to life should not be made dependent upon a vote of a majority of any legislative body

This smacks in the face of States Rights and gives the Federal government complete control over each state and the citizen of that state.

3. AIDS
    HIV / AIDS is a contagious disease which is dangerous to public health. It should not be treated as a civil rights issue. Under no circumstances should the federal government continue to subsidize activities which have the effect of encouraging perverted or promiscuous sexual conduct. Criminal penalties should apply to those whose willful acts of omission or commission place members of the public at risk of contracting HIV / AIDS.

What about the innocent, the babies, medical workers, blood givers, transfusion and such. Do we turn our back on them?

4. Bring Government Back Home.

See number 2 and how this plan will abuse states rights.

5. Character and Moral Conduct
    Public respect and esteem toward public officials has fallen to a shameful level. The Constitution Party finds that a cause of this national state of disgrace is the deterioration of personal character among government leaders, exacerbated by the lack of public outcry against immoral conduct by public office holders. Our party leaders and public officials must display exemplary qualities of honesty, integrity, reliability, moral uprightness, fidelity, prudence, temperance, justice, fortitude, self-restraint, courage, kindness, and compassion. If they cannot be trusted in private life, neither can they be trusted in public life.

Again sounds nice, but how many of you meet each one of this qualification? While I agree with the notion, should we go on witch hunts to find sin?

6. Conscription
    Compulsory government service is incompatible with individual liberty.
    We oppose imposition of the draft, the registration law, compulsory military training or any other form of compulsory government service.
    We support a well-trained and highly organized volunteer state home militia, and voluntary Reserve Officer Training Corps (R.O.T.C.) military training in our schools, colleges, and universities

How completely STUPID is this idea? We are light years removed from this notion, we must have a STRONG, NATIONAL defense to meet our global needs and concerns.

7. Domestic Federal Aid
    The Constitution assigns all powers not delegated to the federal government to the states or the people.
    Domestic federal "aid" not authorized by the Constitution is not only illegal, it is immoral.
    We call upon the states, therefore, to decline to accept all monies from the federal government for any purpose not specifically and clearly articulated in the Constitution, and reject all federal mandates and regulations which are unconstitutional, thus restoring the intended balance of power between the states and their creation, the U.S. Government.

Guess we leave those starving or being oppressed to themselves. Come on America is better than this, we ALWAYS run to the aid when evil doers oppress.

8. Education
    All teaching is related to basic assumptions about God and man. Education as a whole, therefore, cannot be separated from religious faith

How completely absurd is this, forcing those who do not agree to under go State forced faith training.

9. Foreign Policy
    National Sovereignty
    The United States is properly a free and sovereign republic which should strive to live in peace with all nations, without interfering in their internal affairs, and without permitting their interference in ours. We are, therefore, unalterably opposed to entangling alliances - via treaties, or any other form of commitment - which compromise our national sovereignty, or commit us to intervention in foreign wars.

Again, absurd! Isolationism cost Europe 100,000 of lives in WWII. Like it or not we live in a global community, we need to protect those interest around the world.

So much more I could write but I’m sure this blows the CP right out of the water.

Billy [​IMG]

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

BillyG, the Constitution Party is a liberal organization in conservative clothing. Their liberalism is simply not the traditional liberalism that we're used to seeing.

3. Monergist

Monergist New Member

4. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

I disagree with the CP's stand on military conscription.

If you wish to live in a free society, you must sometimes fight for that freedom. If you do not wish to fight for your freedom, then we'll gladly let you hit the door walking out to live in some despotic society where the supreme overlord will protect you.

I think that all able-bodied men in America should be mandated to serve at least 2 or 3 years in a branch of service.

#1, it would ensure that we always have a large enough national defense, and

#2, it will go a long way in building up the character and responsibility so lacking in many young men growing up today in this country.

Disagree with the isolationaist policy as well. while I don't like the notion of HAVING to go to the UN for approval before we move to protect America and her interests, I also want to ensure that we are always here to help our allies when their security, and in turn our security, is in jeopardy. Had we gone to war in Germany and Japan when England, Poland, France, etc. were attacked, as we would today, then the slaughter of so many millions of people, including so many American servicemen and those at Pearl Harbor, would have been dramatically reduced. These great evils would never have gained as much territory as they did, and therefore would not have been as powerful and as difficult to eventually defeat. Of course, as in Afghanistan and Iraq today, many Americans would have seen the intervention as not in our best interests or as a political ploy. The sad thing is, you never know what the future holds if you take a different path, otherwise we would rejoice in a pre-emptive war with 1930's Germany and Japan.

Also disagree with their domestic federal aid policy and the 'cramming God down everyone's throat' education policy.

My view about that is, the government can acknowledge that God exists and should follow His teachings as far as a government should, but religion is not about forcing people to believe a certain way. We can pray in school, post the 10 commandments, etc, but as long as we are not forcing people to convert or forcing them to recite our prayers with us, then I see no problem with it.

5. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where have you been? This is already occurring.

They are absolutely right in their statement. I don't think their conclusion however is that anyone should undergo state forced faith training- but rather the opposite.

Government should get out of the education business since its involvement violates the establishment clause. All education is a form of indoctrination and you cannot teach anything without moral implications... even if it amounts to nothing more than whether there is objective truth in "2+2=4".

In the 1830's, Alexis de Toqueville was commissioned to tour America to find the genuis of our immediate success. One of the things he noted was that there was almost universal literacy and basic education... and that almost all instruction was done by the clergy.

Education is rightly a religious/philosophical, not political, matter.

6. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

A closer look at the Constitution Party platform

1. The preamble
    The Constitution Party gratefully acknowledges the blessing of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ as Creator, Preserver and Ruler of the Universe and of these United States. We hereby appeal to Him for mercy, aid, comfort, guidance and the protection of His Providence as we work to restore and preserve these United States.

While this sounds very nice it completely leaves out the fact America is a melting pot of difference. What do we do with the millions of America that do not believe Jesus Christ is Lord? Do they become second class citizens? What about the Jews and God’s promise to help those that help the Jews?

Gina: No, but what's the solution? A godless government? No. Freedom of religion can be honored by a God fearing government.

2. Sanctity of Life
    No government may legalize the taking of the unalienable right to life without justification, including the life of the pre-born; abortion may not be declared lawful by any institution of state or local government - legislative, judicial, or executive. The right to life should not be made dependent upon a vote of a majority of any legislative body

This smacks in the face of States Rights and gives the Federal government complete control over each state and the citizen of that state.

Gina: wrong. It smacks of individual freedoms and rights. The state does not have the power to go against the national rights guaranteed to all citizens in the constitution, the right to life being one of those guaranteed.

3. AIDS
    HIV / AIDS is a contagious disease which is dangerous to public health. It should not be treated as a civil rights issue. Under no circumstances should the federal government continue to subsidize activities which have the effect of encouraging perverted or promiscuous sexual conduct. Criminal penalties should apply to those whose willful acts of omission or commission place members of the public at risk of contracting HIV / AIDS.

What about the innocent, the babies, medical workers, blood givers, transfusion and such. Do we turn our back on them?

Gina: Who said anything about that? It spoke of penalties for "willful acts of omission or commission" that places members of the public at risk of contracting HIV.

4. Bring Government Back Home.

See number 2 and how this plan will abuse states rights.

Gina: government is not state by state. Each state has the right to certain decisions made by the PEOPLE of that state, but you're making a silly attempt to say that murder should be something each state decides should be right or wrong. Surely you can see the fault in that!

5. Character and Moral Conduct
    Public respect and esteem toward public officials has fallen to a shameful level. The Constitution Party finds that a cause of this national state of disgrace is the deterioration of personal character among government leaders, exacerbated by the lack of public outcry against immoral conduct by public office holders. Our party leaders and public officials must display exemplary qualities of honesty, integrity, reliability, moral uprightness, fidelity, prudence, temperance, justice, fortitude, self-restraint, courage, kindness, and compassion. If they cannot be trusted in private life, neither can they be trusted in public life.

Again sounds nice, but how many of you meet each one of this qualification? While I agree with the notion, should we go on witch hunts to find sin?

Gina: I think you're missing the point, which is that government leaders need to have good moral character, and that a true leader will foster the respect of the American people, something that the last two presidents have had a hard time with. I think the CP may be dreaming a bit, as a general lack of respect and genuine concern for others contributes more than a small amount to the mentioned problem, but the idea still is one that can be taken into consideration.

6. Conscription
    Compulsory government service is incompatible with individual liberty.
    We oppose imposition of the draft, the registration law, compulsory military training or any other form of compulsory government service.
    We support a well-trained and highly organized volunteer state home militia, and voluntary Reserve Officer Training Corps (R.O.T.C.) military training in our schools, colleges, and universities

How completely STUPID is this idea? We are light years removed from this notion, we must have a STRONG, NATIONAL defense to meet our global needs and concerns.

Gina: I'd agree with you on that if it weren't for the idea that idiotic women screamed for equal rights and now it may be that women will be able to be drafted. I believe that is wrong, so now I am opposed to any involuntary call to duty. Otherwise I'd not be, but the day my country demands women become armed and fight in combat alongside men is the day I will refuse to call it my country.

7. Domestic Federal Aid
    The Constitution assigns all powers not delegated to the federal government to the states or the people.
    Domestic federal "aid" not authorized by the Constitution is not only illegal, it is immoral.
    We call upon the states, therefore, to decline to accept all monies from the federal government for any purpose not specifically and clearly articulated in the Constitution, and reject all federal mandates and regulations which are unconstitutional, thus restoring the intended balance of power between the states and their creation, the U.S. Government.

Guess we leave those starving or being oppressed to themselves. Come on America is better than this, we ALWAYS run to the aid when evil doers oppress.

Gina: agreed. The system needs reformed in a big way, but we still shouldn't refuse to help out our own in need.

8. Education
    All teaching is related to basic assumptions about God and man. Education as a whole, therefore, cannot be separated from religious faith

How completely absurd is this, forcing those who do not agree to under go State forced faith training.

Gina: forced faith training by including God in education? Right now would you call what we have forced atheism training? No matter what happens, nobody is going to be completely happy with public education.

9. Foreign Policy
    National Sovereignty
    The United States is properly a free and sovereign republic which should strive to live in peace with all nations, without interfering in their internal affairs, and without permitting their interference in ours. We are, therefore, unalterably opposed to entangling alliances - via treaties, or any other form of commitment - which compromise our national sovereignty, or commit us to intervention in foreign wars.

Again, absurd! Isolationism cost Europe 100,000 of lives in WWII. Like it or not we live in a global community, we need to protect those interest around the world.

So much more I could write but I’m sure this blows the CP right out of the water.

Gina: Right now a number of countries hate us because we over involve ourselves in the affairs of other countries. This is not living in a global community, it's policing the world, and that's not right. We need to limit ourselves and focus on doing good where we can where we're wanted. America does not seem to have much respect for countries whose governments/lifestyles differ from ours. It's not our job to "free" people from their cultures and force ours on them.

Gina

7. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't want to scare you, JohnV, but that is my take on them also. They are leftists on issues such as the war.

8. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

JohnV means that they are what is known as "classic liberals". That is much closer to what we know today as "libertarianism", and is not leftist at all.

JohnV is right and CMG is not...to characterize the CP as "lefitst" is not even a credible statement.

9. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Anybody who disagrees with some posters is a "leftist"

10. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyone who thinks that the war is illegal is a leftist in my book. In the case of you two, the shoe fits very well. I am e-mailing Santa Claus at this very minute and telling him that you were both bad boys and not to give you a single thing for Christmas, unless it is a book on manners.

11. Pennsylvania Jim

Nobody becomes a second class citizen. Why should not a party acknowledge the One True God and His blessings? Do you suggest that He should be ingored, or that we should give “equal time” to false gods?

12. Pennsylvania Jim

13. Pennsylvania Jim

14. Pennsylvania Jim

15. Pennsylvania Jim

You make it sound like an unobtainable ideal. It’s pretty much what we expect from everyone, or at least should. I hope that you fit the description. If you don’t think we can even expect honesty, integrity, reliability, moral uprightness, fidelity, prudence, temperance, justice, fortitude, self-restraint, courage, kindness, and compassion , I can see why you may be pretty happy with the present crop of politicians.

16. Pennsylvania Jim

We do have that. Without a draft. …stupid…hmmm…

Not so. The world is full of evil and poverty. We cannot possibly help everyone in need. More important, it is not the function of federal government, unless you are an international communist. We all have a responsibility to help the poor, and should give to organizations that help them. I do.

17. Pennsylvania Jim

We do have that. Without a draft. …stupid…hmmm…

18. Pennsylvania Jim

Again, you mis-understood, or mis-interpreted what is being said. This is talking about federal aid to state and local governments, and the federal controls that come along with it. You, being an advocate of states' rights, should applaud this statement. But I suspect that you have an agenda that has little to do with wanting to know the truth of what the CP stands for...or am I wrong?

19. Pennsylvania Jim

Wow, you really read a lot into that one. Scott had a good post on this one, read his.

20. Pennsylvania Jim

I didn’t see any suggestion that we should not defend ourselves. That is different from en=tangling alliances, where we wind up fighting wars that are not critical to our own interests. If someone wants to fight for another nation, they are free to go sign up.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Yeah, I’m sure that when the CP leadership sees your brilliant summary, they will just close the doors.