1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cloud computing

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by exscentric, Nov 4, 2009.

1. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just ran across the following site. I registered and messed around with this virtual desktop/apps on the internet.

Might be of help to some of you.

http://g.ho.st

It uses the zoho writer than Crabtownboy mentioned in the database thread.

2. baptistteacher

Site Supporter

OK, so I'm not totally hep with all the new lingo. I'm still a cool cat.

I have been vaguely hearing about this "Cloud" stuff, but don't have a clue about it. Perhaps someone could give a brief, non-technical description.

By the way, I did take a quick look at your link, will explore it more later. Looks interesting.

3. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The link has some tutorials that are quite informative. Basically cloud computing is doing your stuff online and store stuff there as well.

Google has some applications such as word processor/spreadsheet program etc.

The link offers that and other stuff.

You just log into your account/apps and work online on any computer in the world and the work is stored right online. You can also download it to your computer.

It allows basic computing on minimal computers and gives freedom to work whereever you want to work.

It also allows you to share your documents with others online without attaching files to emails.

It would be great for someone that did not have basic software and a minimal computer.

For a lot of us it is not worth the trouble.

It is also a probably a move to get people to buy subscriptions to software rather than having the actual stuff. You log onto micorsoft and use Word, Publisher or whatever you have subscribed to.