1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CMS Hosting

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by mnw, Dec 24, 2006.

1. mnw

mnw New Member

2. kubel

kubel New Member

Very bad host. Major overselling (40GB/900GB for under $5 is a big warning). Limited support. Lots of hidden TOS/AUP clauses, and poor reviews. I would avoid them.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=551268

WHT is a good place to find reviews about web hosts. Do a search for the host you are considering, listen to all the praises and dirt, and make a list of top hosts that fit your budget and your requirements. Scratch off the ones that have negative reviews.

I would recommend KnownHost.com. We have had a VPS with them for a few months now and they are absolutely awesome. Tickets are free and unlimited, and are answered in about 5 minutes or less. QoS is superb.

http://www.knownhost.com/services/shared.html

Or if it's a ministry, see my signature (each account comes with Fantastico which can automatically install a number of popular CMSs (usually between 2MB and 30MB in size). :)

Merry Christmas.

3. gekko

gekko New Member

or you could just go with googlepages...

free - no ads - 100mb - (havn't found what the bandwidth is... but it seems to be alot)

i like it. i use it. and i'll use it until we need something bigger... until then - i havn't used any of the 100mb - and have almost 10 different pages linked together...

for pictures i use Slide.com :p so it won't take up so much space... and for video's i suspect i'll use googlevideo or youtube.

so the site i'm working on is gonna last a loongg time...
    until i figure out how to use dreamweaver and flash and all that :p

4. mnw

mnw New Member

Hi Gekko, I like googlepages, but I want to use CMS and google won't be up to the task unfortunately. Thanks anyway.

5. gekko

gekko New Member

ah i see.

anyways.

God bless!