1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CNN PRESENTS: Dead Wrong--Inside an Intelligence Meltdown

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by ASLANSPAL, Aug 28, 2005.

1. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

As for the WMD their is an excellent CNN REPORTS
    running with investigative reporter David Ensor
    very well done.People on the fence or who needed more information might find it important and informative.

<a href="http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/presents/" target="_blank">CNN PRESENTS-Dead Wrong--Inside and Intelligence
    Meltdown."</a>

Check your local listings for airing.

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info Aslanspal, from the title I assume this will be another propagnda piece to cover for Bush and the neocons. They weren't planning to attack and invade Iraq waaaaaaaay before they even looked at the intell. :rolleyes:

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We were planning for regime change since 1998 during the Clinton administration. Therefore, please include Clinton when you refer to Bush and the neocons.

4. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

We're dead right regardless of the flawed intelligence analysis.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I have done this already Ken, Maybe you have forgotten? "Emphasis". [​IMG]

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Yeah the whole foriegn policy of arming then destroying our enemies has paid huge dividends to the American people for what, 50 years now?

7. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me: What is a "neocon"?

8. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

Neoconservative – A "neocon" is more inclined than other conservatives toward vigorous government in the service of the goals of traditional morality and pro-business policies. Tends to favor a very strong foreign policy of America as well.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A neocon is what Senator "Scoop" Jackson would have been called back in the 1970s if the term had existed back then - a conservative foreign policy and a liberal domestic policy.

10. OldRegular

I thought it was a pseudonym for a dirty word. People only use it when talking about the Bush administration. :D

11. OldRegular

A neocon is what Senator "Scoop" Jackson would have been called back in the 1970s if the term had existed back then - a conservative foreign policy and a liberal domestic policy. </font>[/QUOTE]As I recall Senator Jackson was one of the few democrats outside the South who was anti communist.,

12. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

That is an interesting way of defining "neocon." I don't know if I totally agree with it, but it is indeed an interesting way of defining it.

Hope you are well, Ken. Due to your proximity relative to that big storm, I prayed for you, Joseph and ASLANSPAL tonight, as that is a NASTY storm.

Regards, and stay dry,
    BiR

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks, BiR, but I don't think we have much to be concerned about in central south Arkansas except for maybe a little rain and maybe some gusts up to 25 mph heading into Tuesday.

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Proteges of "Scoop" Jackson:

Richard Perle - former Jackson staff member.

Doug Feith - former Jackson staff member.

Elliot Abrams - former Jackson staff member.

Paul Wolfowitz - long relationship that began when he helped Senator Jackson prepare charts in 1969 to promote anti-ballistic missile program.

"Jackson ran for president in 1972 and 1976 but didn't make it past the primaries.

Many former Jackson staff members became disillusioned with the Democratic Party during the Carter administration and later supported President Reagan. As a group, they were known as the "neoconservatives," or neocons.

When Reagan presented Jackson's widow, Helen, with a posthumous Medal of Freedom in 1984, he said: "I am deeply proud — as he would have been — to have Jackson Democrats serve in my administration. I am proud some of them have found a home here."

Twenty years later, many of those Jackson Democrats are credited with helping devise Bush's war on terrorism and invasion of Iraq.

"The Rumsfeld Defense Department is as close to Jackson as any publicly identifiable group," biographer Kaufman said. He remembers a Henry M. Jackson Foundation dinner in Washington, D.C., three years ago attended by Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, Perle, Abrams and Wolfowitz."

- LINK

15. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Not necessarily: we had a real mess last year from Gaston.
    But I hope that you are right.

Have a good night,
    BiR

16. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The forecasted track shows Katrina heading on up through Mississippi and Tennessee.

17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

SOURCE

&lt;snip&gt;

SOURCE

The War Behind Closed Doors

1992 "Defense Planning Guidance" Draft Excerpts

Letter to Bill Clinton from neocons below.

SOURCE PNAC

So Ken from what I was able to gather in 30 minutes of web searching...the neocons were probably responsible for the Bill Clinton policy of regime change in Iraq. And now the spin and propaganda, blame it all on the intelligence agencies.