1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CNN TV: The Fight Over Faith

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Bicycle9, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Bicycle9

Bicycle9 New Member
    Site Supporter

Did anyone else see this on CNN?

The Fight Over Faith
    "It is the fastest-growing form of Christianity in America. Some surveys say nearly 40 percent of Christians in the United States describe themselves as "evangelical" or "born again." What does it mean to be an evangelical in America 2004 and why is this brand of Christianity spreading so rapidly right now? "

Airs Sunday, November 14, 8 p.m. ET

2. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

This was on again last night. Unfortunately, I found it as the closing points were being made.

3. Rachel

Rachel New Member

I never can bring myself to watch CNN they are so liberal. But if I had known that was on I would have watched it.

4. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

The show takes a liberal stance from what I saw( about 20 minutes). I look at everything CNN does with a jaudiced view. They are liberal eletists.

5. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

The only really biased network I've encountered is FOX. They claim to be fair and unbiased but they're anything but that. I don't watch them because they're so hypocritical.

6. Plain Old Bill

Oh my , ABC,NBC,CBS,CNN,MSNBC, are fair and balanced and Fox is biased.
    Fox is much more conservative than any of the above networks but not that much more.I suppose the New York Times is also fair and balanced.

7. Plain Old Bill

I should have added the BBC and National Public Radio, fair and balanced. Right.

8. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

The only news I've ever seen that is obviously biased is FOX. It's so obvious it's laughable.

9. BillyMac

BillyMac New Member

After performing a search for this subject matter on the net, I came up with this piece from Baptist Press that predates the November CNN showing of "Fight Over Faith". The one at this link, dated 24 Oct 04 is either the original broadcast date of this same presentation or it is a different segment of the same topic.

Fight Over Faith

10. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

I wonder what side of the political spectrum straightandnarrow is on and what side plainoldbill is on? :D :D

Bro Tony

11. mioque

mioque New Member

Bro Tony
    Indeed.

Plain Old Bill
    I think you ought to give the BBC a bit more credit, you are probably right about all the others you mentioned (so is StraightAndNarrow when talking about FOX by the way).

12. Plain Old Bill

Oh I know that FOX leans heavily to the right, no doubt about it. So that gives us 7 to the liberal side one to the conservative side. I guess the gig complaint is that the conservatives would have a voice at all in Straightand narrows view.