1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Coach Joe Gibbs and the Washington Redskins

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Nicholas25, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

A fine man of God, Coach Gibbs helped lead the skins to the playoff after the horrible death of Sean Taylor. Gibbs took much criticism throughout the year, with many saying the game had passed him by. It was a nice finish for a man of strong faith who walks what he talks. Backup quarterback Todd Collins, who had not played in ten years is looking like a very good QB. It is funny how things work sometimes. Imagine how many teams have needed a quarterback in the last ten years, and there was apparently a good one on the bench in Kansas City and later Washington. Great story.

Note: If you go to www.joegibbsonline.com you can listen to a different Bible lesson from Coach Gibbs every week....The last time the skins made the playoffs in 2005, they had to win out to get in. They lost that year to Seattle at Seattle.....They will get a chance for pay back on Saturday afternoon... [/u]

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Congratulations to the Redskins. It is good to see 3 of the 6 NFC playoff teams come out of the NFC East. :thumbs:

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

If the Titans win tonight at Indy, you'll have the NFC East sending three teams, and the AFC South sending 3 of its 4 teams to the postseason.

4. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Yeah you can just hear ole webdog rooting on the Colts

5. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

I listened to the posting, and wished that Joe would have kind of dropped using the words "kind of" so many times, because that kind of suggests a tentative position. And he would kind of fail if he did not have confidence.

I am also kind of troubled by his making his own poor call something that God did. That God kind of allowed "this to happen", when it was his own judgment that we are kind of talking about.

Sorry to be kind of dismissive of a good man.

6. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I'm impressed by the 'Skins because I didn't think they had it in them to make the playoffs, especially after the way they lost the Bills game.

7. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Watch out for Jacksonville!

8. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

What are you talking about brother?

9. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

The last two times a team went undefeated all the way to the NFL Championship game they faced the Redskins for the final game. The Skins won one and lost the other. We are playing the Seahawks on Saturday, if we win that then we get to face the Cowboys again. I would love to see the Skins make it to the Superbowl again this year. That would be four Superbowls with four different QB's for Coach Gibbs!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. PastorSBC1303

I think that is wishful thinking JGrubb. I really like Gibbs and they are a pretty good team, but lets face it you guys beat a Dallas team that played their 2nd string and had nothing to play for. I think if you would meet them again in the playoffs they would handle you pretty easy. But I hope I am wrong.

11. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

PastorSBC1303, check the stats again, Dallas only had four of their starters sitting out of this game, Tony Romo and the other starters play for more than two and a half quarters, and didn't come out of the game till near the end of the 3rd quarter.

With just more than six minutes remaining in the Washington Redskins' 27-6 victory over the Dallas Cowboys, Dallas starting running back Julius Jones took a handoff on his 27-yard line and was pounded into the ground for no gain by a slew of defenders. Romo completed 7 of 16 passes for 86 yards and an interception, and starting running backs Marion Barber III and Jones combined for just one yard rushing.

Dallas was unable to stop the Redskins from moving the ball either through the air or on the ground. Quarterback Todd Collins threw for 244 yards and a touchdown and running back Clinton Portis rushed for 104 yards and two scores

In the Cowboys' locker room, players said they did not feel there was any lack of desire to win and expressed disappointment with the team's performance.

"I think guys were trying to play hard, you learn though you just can't turn a switch on," tight end Jason Witten said. "They were an inspired team and all that goes along with that. I was hoping that we'd come out and play well the half that we were going to play but it didn't turn out that way."

Phillips's decision to play his starters deep into the third quarter in a steady rain with the threat of injury, and with his team trailing by 17 points, seemed risky. After the game, Phillips faced questions about his decision not to rest starters as other division leaders did around the league.

Source: Washington Post

With all the injuries that the Skins starters have had during this past season, we have been "resting our starters" for many of the games that we lost. Our 4-0 QB has been "resting" for about 10 years. ;)

The Skins are on a roll, I think we will beat Seatle and will have a great win in Dallas the following week! Go Skins!!

12. PastorSBC1303

You have felt like that before in the last couple years, but again I really hope you are right. Of the NFC teams, I would prefer the Redskins to win.

13. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

Great finish to the season by Gibbs and his skins. Two playoff appearances in the four years since his return is much better than one playoff appearance in the twelve years that he was gone. He is a fine man of God, and a fine ball coach. It is hard to win in Seattle!