1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Col.2{16}

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Chowmah, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Yeah i know that pork was not allowed. Meat and drink offerings were written into the law. None of those meat offerings involved pork

2. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Chowmah,

Pork was not allowed. That was in the Old Testament. The New Testament tells us the kingdom of heaven is not about eating and drinking.

Romans 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit,

3. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Just read the scriptures of post 272. Jesus is not the shadow of the sabbath

4. Moriah

Moriah New Member

No, Jesus is not the shadow of the Sabbath. The Sabbath is a shadow of Jesus.

5. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Opps...got it backwards

sorry

6. Moriah

Moriah New Member

COL.2 [14] BLOTTING OUT THE HANDWRITING OF ORDINANCES that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;[15] And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.[16] Let no man therefore judge you in MEAT, or in DRINK, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:[17] WHICH ARE A SHADOW OF THINGS TO COME; but the body is of Christ.

Why do you seem to forget the part that we are not to be judged by a Sabbath Day?

You are trying to judge people by a Sabbath Day.

7. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

The sabbath is not the shadow

HEBREWS 10 [1] For THE LAW HAVING A SHADOW of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with THOSE SACRIFICES WHICH THEY OFFERED YEAR BY YEAR continually make the comers thereunto perfect.[2] For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.[3] But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.[4] For IT IS NOT POSSIBLE THAT THE BLOOD OF BULLS AND OF GOATS SHOULD TAKE AWAY SINS.

Theres the shadow

8. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Jesus is our Passover Lamb. When we gather for the Lord's Supper, this is our Festival. You have not proven that Christians are supposed to observe special days and seasons. In fact, the scriptures plainly tell us that those things do not get us saved or keep us saved.

How do you think that Acts 17:2 supports what you believe? Paul mentions a Saturday (the Sabbath Day), how does that mean what you say it does? You must also realize that it is not wrong to keep observance of the Old Testament’s special days, but it is wrong to say we MUST DO THEM IN ORDER TO BE SAVED.

The Gentiles were not yet allowed to come to God. How do you think this proves what you want?

Gentiles were still considered unclean. What do you think this proves? Peter did not yet understand. Therefore, it proves what?

It might not look good for some who try to have Christians fall from grace. You are as the yeast Jesus warns Christians.

Galatians 5:4 You who are trying to be justified by law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.

9. Moriah

Moriah New Member

The Sabbath Day is a shadow. The sacrifices were a shadow. The Passover was a shadow. The external cleansings before worshiping God were a shadow. The festivals were a shadow, they were about the coming Messiah.

10. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Observe special days

Are you refering to scripture below?

GAL.4 [8] Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods.[9] But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?[10] YE OBSERVE DAYS, AND MONTHS, AND TIMES, AND YEARS.[11] I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

11. Moriah

Moriah New Member

There were Jews who were trying to get the Galatians to follow the Jewish laws of observing special days, and months, and times and years. The Galatians, who were once Pagans, had also at one time followed special days and times for their type of worship. The Pagans to this day observe Winter Solstice, and Summer Solstice, for examples.

Paul was telling them not to go back to those ways, the ways of those people who are zealous to win them over, those are the people who are trying to get the Galatians under the law.

Read on to Galatians 17 and on.

17 Those people are zealous to win you over, but for no good. What they want is to alienate you from us, so that you may have zeal for them. 18 It is fine to be zealous, provided the purpose is good, and to be so always, not just when I am with you. 19 My dear children, for whom I am again in the pains of childbirth until Christ is formed in you, 20 how I wish I could be with you now and change my tone, because I am perplexed about you!
    Hagar and Sarah
    21 Tell me, you who want to be under the law, are you not aware of what the law says? 22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by the slave woman and the other by the free woman. 23 His son by the slave woman was born according to the flesh, but his son by the free woman was born as the result of a divine promise.

#291 Moriah, Mar 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2012
  12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

30 page long.
    Ready to put this "shadow" of a thread to rest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.