1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

College Decisions

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by UnashamedYouth, Jan 12, 2004.

1. Tonja Buettner

Tonja Buettner New Member

I attended HAC. I also know lots of peple who did. It's not for everyone, but if that is where God is leading you. Then by all means go. Don't let the critiques keep the will of God from happening in your life.

I also attended College at Texas Baptist College. Dr. Bob Gray's Church/College. It's a good place to be also. THey are a little stricter in dress, ( no slits alowed), and no dating allowed in your first year, ( unless you are engaged) which was my case.

Good Luck in your quest for God's WIll.

Tonja Buettner

2. Tonja Buettner

Tonja Buettner New Member

Did you ever get your info on HAC. Just do a google Search. Anytime you want to know something about a college, Just type their name in your search bar. Or just do a basic search on Baptist Colleges. [​IMG]

Tonja Buettner

3. lindz

lindz New Member

to clint or anyone w/ some info-
    Why did you say that you wished that NBBC didn't say that they were a Baptist college? I know a few people who go there and I haven't heard anything. If you know info, I would love some!
    Lindz

4. 4-christ

4-christ New Member

Ok! I graduate in may and Im going to college. At the Big Sandy Community and technical college. Some of you propaly never heard of it but I t seems to be a good College my mom attended there. I will be going there for about 2 years or more, and then transfer to Morehead State University. I plan to be a special Edcation teacher. Some people say that teachers do not get paid that high. You know im not doing it just for the money it is what the Lord wants me to do. It is the kids I care about. [​IMG]

5. superdave

superdave New Member

Maranatha in Wisconsin is a good school, Northland as well, if you are looking for ministry degree, BJU is ok, Cedarville in Ohio is a good school. Clearwater in Florida is a good school too.

No crazy KJVonly stuff, solid doctrine, variety of standards, but that isn't that important, if you are going to college and don't have your own standards, you will have trouble no matter where you go.

Maranatha has a great Education program, you can get a Wisconsin Teaching certificate from their program, very rigorous academics. Both MBBC and Cedarville are accredited, so they're ideal for graduate school candidates, or those who are only starting in Bible College, than going on for a degree in Nuclear Physics or something else they don't offer at these schools.

I would say the best out of the group is Maranatha. Very strong academics and Bible programs, great student atmosphere, good accountability, without being too over the top (although downright liberal compared to HAC)