1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

College Football Anyone?

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by raunhawk, Apr 16, 2005.

1. raunhawk

raunhawk New Member

I am a bigtime college football fan. Anybody else? I am from Iowa and have grown up loving the Iowa Hawkeyes. I look for them to have a great year this year, but I think 2006 we will make a run for the NC. What college teams do y'all support?

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I am a graduate of Indiana University and I pull for them although they have stunk the last 10 years. But they got a new coach this year, the old coach from Miami of Ohio. I think he will do a good job.

I also pull for Missouri and Oklahoma.

3. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Iowa win the NC? You got to be kidding right?

I am a Michigan fan, have always been a Michigan fan, and will always be a Michigan fan. GO BLUE!
    AHH yes the winningest team in college football history!

4. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Iowa has a good a chance of winning the NC as any other top notch school in our modern system. Michigan is a great school and has a good chance of winning it as well.

Maybe you should take off the Wolverine colored glasses and see that Michigan is not the dominant team that they used to be. Sure they are a great program, but there are many other schools with just a good a program. And Iowa has a good progam with a good head coach.

So yep, Iowa has a chance of winning the NC. [​IMG]

5. rivers1222

rivers1222 Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PastorSBC1303 writes;
    I am a graduate of Indiana University and I pull for them although they have stunk the last 10 years. But they got a new coach this year, the old coach from Miami of Ohio. I think he will do a good job.

--------------
    I.U. is getting a great coach. I understand he is from the area and thats why he left a good Miami team thats returning 16 starters. He is a class act guy and I wish him the best.

6. rivers1222

rivers1222 Member

4His_glory writes;
    I am a Michigan fan, have always been a Michigan fan, and will always be a Michigan fan. GO BLUE!
    AHH yes the winningest team in college football history!
    -------------
    Some of my best friends are Michigan football fans. Some of my best friends are Kentucky basketball fans. Put em all in a room and shake em up and they all sound the same. :D
    Ohio State travels to Ann Arbor this year and as always the game should have an impact on the BCS.

7. raunhawk

raunhawk New Member

4hisglory......you say it must be a joke that Iowa would win a national championship? Think 2006 when we will still have pretty much everyone back after this year. We will have no Michigan and no Ohio State on the schedule. It will be interesting.

8. flourgirl

flourgirl New Member

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO VOLS!!!! The Tennessee Volunteers is our team! My Father-in-law has season tickets to all of the home games... we live in N.C. but Knoxville is only 2 and 1/2 hours from here!!!! My husband goes with him to most of the games, but this year he is letting us have some of the tickets!!!! I get to go!!!! We are wild with excitement when they yell... it's football time in Tennessee... I feel my heart race when they play Rocky Top... you know that it is football time in Tennessee... all of the store windows are orange and white... we also have our car decked out with pom poms, "T" magnets, peel off stickers.... yes, to answer your question... we love college football. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

i think ive said this before. GO VOLS! bigtime Tennessee fan. i feel the SEC comin to us this year...

10. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

ruanhawk,

That is interesting that there is no Michigan and no Ohio state on the schedual, I did not know that. Iowa should be able to do well against the rest of the Big Ten teams.

Tell me as a fellow fan of Big Ten football, do you get flak from thoes who say that the Big Ten is a weak conferance, and that the SEC is where all the talent is?

11. csmith

csmith New Member

The Huskers hit bottom last year and within two years will be a powerhouse again. They need one more great recruiting class next year. National Champions 2007!!!!

12. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

I'm Wolverines fans. GO BLUE!!!! [​IMG] Go BLUE!!! [​IMG]

Michigan football team is a great tradition! And Michigan football team is the NCAA's winniest of all time of the history. GO BLUE!!!

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

13. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Glad I'm not the only Woverine fan around here! GO BLUE! I went to the Minnesota game last year. There is nothing like being in the Big House and seeing that sea of maize and blue.

14. raunhawk

raunhawk New Member

HA....4hisglory.....do I ever get flak? Oh yea.....A big ten team could win the NC and it wouldn't matter....we are just a bunch of spuds still. I know here in Iowa.....Ferentz has been recruiting a lot of players out of the SEC training grounds in the South East. We are also gobbling up some good illini players.
    To the one who said Huskers will be national champions in '07......HAHAHAHAHAH. Unfortunately, the players who were already there before callahan had to convert from the smashmouth option run offense to the west coast offense. It will take time and I think '07 might be a little greedy. They should have kept solich.

Anybody have any predictions on any surprise teams in '05-06? I am thinking that out of the big ten that Penn State will actually raise some eyebrows. I am thinking that on the national level that Lousiville will be the spoiler on a teams schedule. It should be a great year.

15. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Joe Paterno is TOOOOOOOO OLD to coaching team in his mind at age 78. He can run over the field so well, but in his mind is just running out, his mind is like as old fashion. He needs to be retired. No there will not be surprise of this season or next season for Penn State. PSU will having struggling again this eason because of Joe Paterno. Also, PSU is located in the deep country, and deep valley, there is no activity out of the campus. That why nope of good players from high school to play for PSU. U of M and USC received good high school players, brcause many high school players want to play at good traditional college football teams, also good locations like as city, where they can have acitvity out of the campus.

Penn State is a very deep country deep in the valley. Hard to receive good high school players. Because they are not interesting to play for PSU. That why PSU are struggling again this season. I predict PSU's record of 2005 season would be 4-7 record. And fail to enter bowl again.

I predict Michigan's record of 2005 season would be 10-2. Iowa's record would be 10-2, and possible split Big Ten title again for Mich & Iowa. Well, wait and see find out this season.

USC will possible repeat National Championship, because all of senior players are back. So, Michigan too! Exactly Edwards gone. What about University of Texas? Wait and see.

GO BLUE!!!! [​IMG]

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

16. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

DeafPosttrib,

What do you think of Michigan's secondary?

They lost Marlen Jackson. I think that is going to be harder to compensate for than Edwards moving on. By the way did you know the Lions are interested in Edwards?

Avant and Breston can together fill the space left by Edwards. Henne is looking more mature all the time, and Michal Hart should perform well this next season. Offense is somthing I don't worry about, it is that defense. Especially that secondary.

17. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

GEAUX TIGERS! I am a lifelong LSU Tiger fan.
    We had a down season last year and should have beat Iowa in the Capital One Bowl.

As for LSU winning the BCS? I'm not going to say they will, but i'm pretty sure that they are going to win the SEC.

bobby

18. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

UT has pulled together a really nice D, and Ainge isnt injured, so watch out

19. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

Schaeffer just got released from the Vols team, something about assaulting another student. there goes the hope of a second QB, a running QB.

20. jet11

jet11 Member

Roll Tide!!!