1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

College Football Recruiting

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Scott J, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My comment was just general about Wannstedt. He just didn't seem to command player respect in Chicago.

The players showed disdain for him in public comments yet he tried to put on this tough guy image. For all the hype, he kind of sagged out of the gate at Pitt.

No particular grudge against the man... maybe he will restore the Panthers to past greatness... but I would rent, not buy, if I were him.

2. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    College football news did a boom and bust analysis of the 2002 recruiting classes.

Kind of puts these rankings in perspective. Many of the top recruits floundered. Alot of it seemed to be character problems.

James Banks was a top recruit to Tennessee. Showed flashes of brilliance... but couldn't stay away from trouble.

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

The people on the "firerandysanders" website need to go back on their medication and stop spending so much money on Bubba teeth. Wait...that IS their real teeth. Anyway, I wouldn't put too much stock in their assessment of talent. Is that ridiculous site still up? You'd think those idiots would've found another bone to chew on by now. Then again, having no job, intelligence, nor life, they may not have anything else to do.

As a RS Soph, Hardegree has yet to see any real action. Here are his HS stats: Made AP and Sportswriters All-State team, All-West Tennessee and named Region 7 MVP; As senior, completed 63 percent of his passes for 1,869 yards and 23 touchdowns; Also had three rushing TDs. Not exactly Ainge or Crompton kind of numbers, but he wouldn't be on the team if he couldn't play.

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

As long as Louisville and West VA stay in tact, Pitt will not likely see the BCS.

5. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Oh but Tom, they got the great Dave Wannstedt now... :rolleyes: [​IMG]

6. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I rest my case. [​IMG]